Chapter Eighteen

26th October 2013

I smiled, sauntering towards the hills alone. Memories from before started playing over in my head like a broken recorder, not that I minded. The sweet memories, the painful ones, makes it all unforgettable. Ones I would forever cherish truly. My smile was soon replaced by a frown at the thoughts of leaving. You heard it right, we're leaving. In less than 24 hours actually.  All of us, including the guys. Sitting by the edge of the hills, I pulled my legs to my chest and let my thoughts wander.

I don't want to leave. I wanted to stay here, forever. I wanted to move here, with the girls. But it was impossible. The girls have a family at home, waiting for them. Even the guys do, even Jude. But who do I have?

Without me realizing, tears ran down my cheeks in a series of cascades. I wished my parents aren't so workaholic, I wished they would make some time to spend at least a day with me, I wished they would shower me with love like how parents were suppose to. Don't get me wrong, I understand that they loved me and they're working their asses of to support me but, I just wished we're like those happy families in movies.

Dream on.

Feeling vibration in the back pocket of my jeans, I pulled my phone out, answering the call and placed it against my ears. "Yes Judy?" Hearing a groan from the other side, I knew I succeeded in annoying him. He hated that name; mainly because only his step-mother called him that. "Don't call me that" Told you. "Where are you? And are you crying?" Humming in response, I shook my head, knowing he could have somewhat see it. "I'm at the hill" "I'm coming" "No, wait!" I yelled to the phone, surprised at the loudness of my own voice.

Clearing my throat, I let out a nervous chuckle. "I mean, I'd rather be alone. I need some time to think" The other line went silent. Thinking he hung up on me, I pulled the phone away from my ear to check but raised my brow realising it was still on. Just when I was about to call out for him, I heard him sigh in dejection. "Alright, I understand" Smilling, I hung up.

"I'm going to miss this" I muttered to myself before scampering up, dusting off the dirt that was stuck on my butt and went ahead to return back to the house, our house.

❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃

"I guess this is it" I breathed out, staring at my reflection. Weirdly enough, I felt really horrible. Not particularly about leaving, but about myself. Wearing the coat Jude gave me; the one that never failed to keep me warm, I frowned. I was even shivering. And I was positive it wasn't the weather because, the heater was on the last time I checked it (which was 5 minutes ago). My hands wouldn't stop shaking and my lips, they won't stop quivering either. My hair was unusually flat and, just terrible. Sighing, I plopped down on my bed and burried my face into my pillow.

"Mia, are you rea- woah who died in here?" Lifting my head, I pouted at Aria whom was leaning against the doorframe with a small grin on her lips. It was replaced with a sullen look when a tear fell out of my eye. "Mia what's wrong?" I shook my head, faking a smile and got up in an instant, running into the walk-in closet and pulling out my suitcase.

"Let's go?" I said, smilling at her and walked out, leaving her standing dumbfounded in my room. Dragging my suitcase to the trunk of my baby, I lazily threw my stuff in it only making it bounce out. Groaning, I bent down to pick it up, once again throwing it. What do you know, it bounced out again. "Son of a-" "Woah, hold your horses" I looked up and instanteneously soften when Jude came into view, his smile never leaving those lips. "What's wrong beautiful?"

Shrugging, I pointed at the bag that was on the floor as I kicked it, obviously failed in resisting the urge. A chuckle left Jude's lips as I watched him bent and picked it up, placing it on the trunk. "Wasn't so hard was it?" He teased, laughing as I pouted, slapping his arms. Suddenly his facial expression soften, as he stared at me in silence. Raising my brow, I stared at him, curious as to what was running in the head of his.

"Do you remember?" He trailed off, a faint smile touching the corners of his mouth. "We met like this" As those words left his lips, I couldn't hold back a sob as I closed the gap between us, snuggling into his chest. I felt his muscles tensed for a moment but soon it relaxed as his hands crept behind my waist. It was hard, stopping the tears.

I always hated goodbyes. More than hospitals. It's the worse feeling in the entire world; not knowing if the person will be there the next time. "We won't say goodbye" Jude whispered, making my eyes bulde. Did he just read my mind? Pulling away slightly and when I glanced up at him, even his smile was reassuring. "We don't have to say goodbye, it won't be long until the next time we meet" Wiping away the tears stains on my cheeks with his thumb, he leaned in to peck my forehead, as I fluttered my eyes close, enjoying the moment.

"I love you" I muttered, for the first time today, smiling up at him genuinely which he returned with a smile that exposed well maintained teeth and a healthy twinkle in his eyes. "I love you too" he replied, tugging my arms once again, making me fell against his chest as he circle his arms around me. Smilling in his chest, I brought my hands up to wrap it around his waist. Inhaling his scent, my hands roamed around his back, feeling the warmness of his body and the broadness of his body. I'm going to miss this; his scent, his warmth, him.

"Mia, it's time" Groaning, I pulled away idly out of his embrace, scowling at Alicia and waving her away. Sticking her tongue out at me, she yelled, "1 minute!" before scampering away. Sighing, I met Jude's green orbs that were slightly watery. Giggling, I cupped his face in both my hands. "I thought you say we don't have to say goodbye" Jude shrugged, chuckling as he pulled me closer and crushed his lips on mine. I'm going to miss this the most. The clearing of throats made us snapped apart, as I bit my lips, holding back the tears that were threathening to fall.

"I'm going to miss you" He muttered, leaning against my forehead. Nodding, I leaned forward once again to peck his lips as I flicked him a smile. "It won't be long, I promise" Smiling at him, I once again nodded before finally pulling away. His hands found mine, as he slipped his fingers in between mine, interwining them. My eyes widen when I felt a tear drop on the back of my hands as he lifted it to his face, kissing it. "Sorry" He mumbled, trying his best to smile but I could tell from the way it didn't reach his eyes that it was forced. "Promised myself not to crack in front of you but I can't help it" He chuckle, wiping away his tears. Swallowing the lump on my throat, I watched as he released my hand and flicked me a sad smile.

"I'll come by to your place Mia, I promise. Call me once you reached alright?" Nodding, I waved at him as he turned away and head towards his vehicle. With a sigh, I got into the passenger seat (yes after countless pleading, Aria finally agreed to drive) and stared out the window where I watched Jude entering the back seat.

Goodbye Jude. Goodbye, home.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It's not the end yet, but it's coming.