Chapter Eight

"I'm a hustler Mia, a male escort"

I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do, nor say. The sudden pain in my head made me loose my balance as I dropped on my knees, still bewildered by the disclosure. He was still standing at the same place he was before except now, his whole body was shaking, whether in fear or cold I have no idea. It was as if his body was there but his soul was gone faraway. Tears were running down his cheeks but his gaze were still stuck onto the grasses. The sight made my heart shattered into pieces. Opened my mouth to say something, but it came out as a sigh. The thoughts of him as a hustler was just so wrong, that it pained me so much.

"Now do you know why you should stay away from me?" His voice cracked, as a droplet fell to the grass. Looking up, I was met with a pair of green eyes full of pain, sorrow and hatred. "W-why?" I breathed out, pushing myself off the ground with the leftover energy. "Why Jude" I said louder, still staring blankly at the ground. "Why?!" I screamed in frustration finally meeting his eyes as I panted hard, feeling as though I had just ran a thousand miles. I watched as his lips curled upwards into a tiny smile; the kind that doesn't reach the eyes. "I don't really have a choice Mia" he trailed off, walking past me.

Deep down, I knew I still love him despite his dirty little secret. Deep down, I knew I still wanted him. Deep down, I knew I needed him. I can't just leave it like this, it felt wrong. Turning around swiftly, I clutched onto his arms tightly as if my life depended on it. "Please tell me everything Jude, i can help you" I felt him stiffen under my touch as I watched him gaped at my words as if they were foolish. I could sense he was contemplating by the way his pupils were moving around frantically. He looked frantic. It was as if something was holding him back. At that moment, I felt the need to protect him, to help him in whatever way possible. Something about his eyes glint told me that he wasn't happy with his 'job'.

With shaky hands, I cupped his face in my hands dearly and gazed into those eyes that still sent chills down my spine. "I want to help you, Jude" I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. Fear was soon replaced with gratitude and adore. Slowly, he nodded in my grasp as he pulled my hands away from his cheeks, tugged them, making me fall into his chest as he circled his arms around me.

"Thank you Mia, thank you so much" His voice came out muffled as he buried his face into my hair. Bringing my hands around his back, I tightened the grip and nodded with a genuine smile.

❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃

"Mia! Where have yo- what are you doing here?" Aria came out from who knows where, glaring daggers at Jude whom stood there, guilt written all over him. Alicia and Roni sauntered out of the house, confused expression splattered across their faces. "Guys, it's okay" I said, squeezing Jude's hands that I was holding onto tightly as I took another glance at him. He looked like he could piss in his pants anytime which made me chuckled at the thought. 4 heads snapped towards me as I clutched onto my stomach, laughing harder.

After what seemed like forever, I wiped away the tears formed from laughing way too hard than I should have and pulled Jude closer to me. I heard him sigh as I nodded for him to go ahead with the plan. "I'm terribly sorry girls. I just" he trailed off, looking at me hesitantly. Again I nodded for him to go on and flicking him an encouraging smile which he returned in an instant. "I love Mia so much, I was just afraid" Wait, what. This wasn't what we had planned.

"I thought she deserved someone better, I mean look at me. But then, I realised that I fell too deeply in love with her, it's just too impossible to throw the feelings away. The selfish part of me wanted her for myself, which is why I'm here with her right now" he said with pure sincerity, and love. Only god knows how fast my heart was beating at the moment and how insane the flutters in the pits of my stomach were. It was nice, the feeling was nice. But it was probably just an act, and it made my heart dropped. My thoughts were snapped when Alicia and Aria squealed out in delight, which made me burst out laughing, shaking my head at their childishness. "Yuck, dude you watched too many romantic shows" Roni groaned, cringing in disgust which made all of us laughed harder.

"Alright, alright. Mia come in it's late" Alicia said in a stern voice which reminded me off my mother, as she walked into the house following behind the other two. Rolling my eyes, I turned to face Jude whom was grinning away like an idiot.

This is the Jude that I love.

"I'm going in" I said, pulling out of the grip, only to be pulled in again. Looking up at him, puzzled, i waited for him. My eyes widen as I noticed him slowly leaning in. I felt my heart stopped when I felt his breath on my cheeks. Shutting my eyes tight, I waited. Well, there goes my first kiss, I thought but felt nothing. Instead, I felt hot breath on my ears, which made me blushed in pure shame. "I meant every word I said" he whispered into my ears, pulling away before pecking my forehead. Thankfully it was dark right now, because I bet I looked like a freaking tomato. Waving him goodbye, I turned and entered the house, slamming the door close probably with too much force. Leaning against it, I slide down against it, letting my butt came in contact with the cold marble floor.

Hugging my knees close to my chest, I smiled dreamily while recalling his words earlier. "He loves me too" I muttered under my breath as I felt my smile broadened. Even the thoughts if him made my heart skipped a beat. Oh Jude Flynn, if only you knew the effect you have on me. Squealing, I got up and stopped on my tracks when my gaze fell onto the girls whom was crossing their arms and smiling down mischievously. "You have a lot of explaining to do young lady"

There goes my beauty sleep.

_______________________________________

A/N: A short update. Hope you guys enjoy it and don't forget to show me some love *does the shimmy-shimmy dance* Love you! xoxo