Chapter Seven

10th October 2013

Eversince that day during the barbecue, I've been avoiding the guys, including Cam. I felt bad rejecting his call but I hope he understood that I needed more time. More time, to build up courage to face Jude. More time, to act as if nothing. More time, to get over him. It wasn't easy, especially when there's no mother to tell you that everything is going to be alright, or no father to say he'll beat the crap out of the jerk whom broke his baby girl's heart. Still, I survived. How you asked? Eventhough my parents couldn't be here for me, they'll never fail to call in and ask about my well being. Also, surrounded by your bestfriends whom genuinely loves and cares for you are a great distraction too.

My head snapped towards the door as soon as I heard it creaked open, revealing Roni. Flicking her a smile, I held out my hands as she grabbed it promptly and let her be pulled to the bed. "Are you okay?" She looked at me, concern written on her face. Nodding my head with a genuine smile, I rested my head on her shoulders as she rubbed my back soothingly. I was enjoying the pleasant silence until she broke it. "I talked to Cameron" she whispered under her breathe. I looked up to see a demented expression splatted across her features as I waited patiently for her to continue.

"He apologised, saying he regretted it. I saw the sincerity in his eyes, but I just couldn't bring myself to forgive him" Lifting myself up from her shoulders, I turned to face her. She was crying. Roni, the strongest female I've ever known, was breaking into pieces in front of my eyes. "It hurts Mia" I had no idea why but watching her walls tearing apart made me shed tears too. "I trusted him, loved him. But he hurt me" Engulfing her in a tight hug, I rubbed her back, the same way she did to me earlier. "Love sucks" She mumbled into my hair, as I couldn't held back a giggle. "True that" 

"Hey Mia, we were wonderi— oh hey what's going on here?" Alicia sauntered into the room followed by Aria who was holding onto a bowl of porridge. "Here" she said before settling the bowl by the side desk as I muttered a soft thanks. "Guys what's going on?" Alicia asked, sitting on the floor since the bed was fully occupied. "Nothing" Roni said with a grin, wiping tearstains on her cheeks, "PMS acting up I guess"

And then we broke into a laughing fit.

After 10 whole minutes of laughing at, I don't even know what we were laughing at, but after that they somehow ended up hanging around in my bedroom, which I really don't mind. Aria was sprawled on the floor, engrossed in her phone, Alicia was sitting by at the end of the bed, smiling at her phone (probably texting Aidan) and Roni was lying beside me, as we threw our hands in the air and swaying it around. Suddenly, I felt like I could use some shopping. It always made me feel better and now that I thought of it, It's been quite sometime since the four of us went shopping together. "Guys" I called out, sitting upright on my bed. Each of them looked up at me with a clueless expression. "Who's up for a shopping spree?"

❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃

I hit my head against the steering wheel, honking impatiently. We planned to leave the house by 12pm but it's almost 1pm. Girls, eventhough I'm one. I looked down on my outfit and smiled in satisfaction. A white long sleeved crop top and a distressed denim overalls with a black Dr Martens, also not forgetting my black fedora hat. Perfect. Releasing a sigh of frustration, I got out of the car and slammed the door close with a loud bang. Boy was I furious. Just as I was about to walk towards the house, I was held back by a tight grip on my arms. Lifting my head up, I was met with a pair of eyes. Those eyes that I wished to disperse. "Let me go" I muttered, struggling to pull away from his grip but to no avail. He was just too strong.

"Please" He started, his voice cracking. It made me stopped as I stood there, glaring at him. His head was lowered, so I couldn't really figure out if he was just as broken as I am, or he was utterly annoyed. Finally after what seemed like forever, he lifted up his head meeting my eyes. I was taken aback by the dark circles arouund his eyes and the eye bag underneath his eyes. He looked like he lacked of sleep but then again, what do I care? "Listen to me" He pleaded, his eyes glowing in distress.