Chapter Four

"Hey, you alright?" A deep voice whispered behind me, startling me and breaking my trail of thoughts. I turned around as I came face to face with Cameron. A smirk was plastered across his lips as his gaze averted to Roni and Jude whom were still seated on the railings. I was about to ask him what he was doing here as he sauntered pass through me, gripping onto my wrists and pulling me with him. Oh no. "Hey guys!" He called out to the both of them which had a dumbfounded look splattered across their faces. Playing along, I flicked the both of them a smile as I caught on with Cameron and stood beside him. 

"Cam, Mia, what are you doing here?" Jude asked warily, eying our hands and the distance between us. Now that I noticed, we were standing quite close to each other. To the point where I was basically leaning on his shoulders. "Mia here said she needed some fresh air so I insisted on taking her for a walk and we just so happened to stumble upon the two of you. Don't mind us" He lied smoothly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and dragging me away. I managed to somehow stole a glance at Roni and she looked enraged. I know what I did was totally unacceptable but somehow, the guilt beneath me were gone. Honestly, I felt better. Especially when I saw a glimpse of hurt and betrayal in Jude's eyes. As bad as this sounds, they deserved it.

"You sure you alright?" Cameron once again, broke into my daze. Nodding in reply, I pulled away from his grip and flicked him a small smile. "Thanks" I whispered, crossing my arms to my chest. The night had gotten chilly, even this thick cardigan I wore was vain. We walked by the sea in silence as I thought about how Cameron isn't as bad as he seemed. "Why does Roni seem like she would kill you every time she sees you?" I asked in a light tone, hoping he wouldn't take it too hard like how Roni did. Instead of flicking an annoyed look, he simply laughed.

The difference between guys and girls.

"Well, we had a thing in summer camp last year" Oh yeah, Roni had attended the summer camp just to please her parents. He pulled out his sweatshirt and placing it over my fragile self. I must have looked really pathetic shivering for him to be doing this kind gesture. Muttering a soft thanks, I looked at him, urging him to continue. "I wasn't really the nicest guy there. I was known for my bad reputation. Then I met Roni, and I felt something. As cliché as that sounds"

Hell yeah it was cliché.

"Anyways, we spent almost every night together, sneaking out of our tents" I watched as he stared of the distance, smiling genuinely while reminiscing the moment in his head. The smile was soon replaced by a sad look as he turned to face me. "I hurt her" He breathed out, his eyes gleaming in guilt and regret. The only thing that was refraining me from punching him hard in the guts was how broken he looked at that moment. I watched as he walked further towards the beach and sat down on the sand. Trailing behind him, I sat down beside him, placing a hand on his shoulders and giving it a light squeeze as a soothing gesture. "Why did you hurt her?" I asked, my voice coming out as soft as a whisper. He ran a hand through his hair, letting out a frustrating groaned before turning around to face me, burning holes through my frail soul. "Look at me Mia!" He yelled, waving his hands dismissively. "I don't deserve her! I took away millions of girl's virginity and leave them as if they were a toy! I'm a fucking monster" 

I was speechless. Right then, I felt like I had the need to protect him. He looked so broken, so weak despite his sturdy, muscular physique. "Listen here, look at me" I spoke in a sudden stern voice as I grabbed his cheeks with both my hands, cupping it, forcing him to look at me.

"Nobody's perfect Cameron. Sure you took away girls V-card, but that's the point! You took, past tense" I spat out, emphasizing on the took. "Everybody makes mistakes. Even I myself have my own dirty secrets. If you really love her, you would have fought for her" "It's too late Mia, I lost her" He butted in, trying to look away but I held his face so strong in my hands. "It's never too late Cam. Get her back. Prove to her how much you love her. Explain why you hurt her. Do everything to gain her trust again" The doleful look in his eyes were soon gone, and as I released him from my grip, I was instantaneously brought into a tight embrace.