Chapter Sixteen

22nd October 2013

Two days went by in a blink of an eye. Jude's still being held back by the hospital because of his continuous fatigue failure. Doctor said it was normal for person to feel that way after going through so much. My gaze shifted from window to a sleeping Jude. He looked so peaceful, and innocent. Almost like a little kid. Slowly reaching out, I moved the strand of hair that was hanging above his closed eyes before leaning in to peck his forehead. At that gesture, he moaned, slowly fluttering his eyes open.

"Morning beautiful" He whispered, his voice coming out hoarse and sexy. Grinning at him, I grabbed his hands, giving it a light squeeze. "Are you feeling better?" His lips curled into a small smile as he nodded, shifting to the side before patting the now empty space beside him. "Come here" Not wanting to argue, I slowly climbed onto the bed, laying my head again his chest. A satisfied grin swept across my features as I felt his heart thumping rapidly against his chest. Placing a hand over it, I let out a small giggle. "It's fast" I breathed out, slowly looking up to meet his eyes. "Always around you baby" Blushing at the new nickname, I shoved his chest gently before laying on his chest again, focusing on his heartbeat.

Suddenly, the door revealed open, revealing a worned out man. Getting up briskly, I straighten my clothes, staring at the man. And when I brought my gaze towards Jude, I was startled at the way he was staring the man. His eyes were icy cold, hatred flashing through them. Clearing my throat awkwardly, I raised a brow at Jude before narrowing it towards the man. "I'm here to talk to my son" The man uttered, his voice sounding unexpectedly deep. Wait a minute.

Jude's face darkened as those words left his father. Straightening my posture, I forced a smile. "Sure, I'll wait outside" Just as I was about to leave, fingers gripping onto my wrist halted my movement. "Don't" Jude started, staring at me, his eyes pleading. Shifting my gaze to the man whom seemed taken aback, I nodded at Jude. "Are you going to talk or" He trailed off, his eyes narrowing at his father. Apart of me wanted to slap Jude's for his rudeness but then I thought maybe there was a reason for his unusual behaviour. With a sigh, Mr Flynn took a step closer to the bed, stopping at the far end. "I knew what happened between the two of you" He muttered beneath his breath, almost sounding inaudible. Lifting his head up, I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

"I knew what you did to Theresa you ungrateful bastard!" All bewilderment in beneath me vanished as I glared at him, anger rippling through me. I tugged my hands that Jude was holding onto, urging him to say something. But nothing came out. "Fucking your mother, I knew something was up between you two. You rasc-" "Enough" I yelled, startling myself when my voice sounded scarrier than I intended. I think I deserved a pat on the back. Pulling away from Jude's grip, I took a step closer, glaring holes through the man's soul.

"Jude did nothing wrong" I hissed through gritted teeth. "He was fucking raped every night and now you're blaming him for everything?!" At that, I watched as he stumbled backwards, shocked written all over him. "Every night he had to go through hell, feeling disgusted at himself for allowing that bitch to do those things to him and you're here shouting at him for being an ungrateful bastard" Mr Flynn backed away, shaking his head, not wanting to believe whatever I said. Taking another step towards him, my gaze averted to Jude whom was looking out the window, not bearing to meet his father's eyes. I soften when I saw his lips quivered as a single tear fell down his cheeks.

"I don't intend to come out aggresive sir, but I think you needed someone to slap some senses into you. Your wife's a whore, and your son's innocent" With that, I stomped off, feeling rather hot from that heated conversation, if that was even what is was. Panting hard, my eyes trailed across the hallway, falling at Aria and Luke that was walking towards me. Flicking them a small smile, I dragged them away from the room, saying that Jude needed some alone time.

❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃❀❃

We were sitting at the waiting area. Aria and Luke was chatting away as my thoughts flew back to the scene that happened a few moments ago. Releasing a sigh of frustration, I excused myself, wanting to get some drink. Walking down the hallway, I was halted when my eyes fell onto the Mr Flynn. I was going to make a detour when he called out my name. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I looked up, raising a brow at him.

"I'm sorry for earlier" He started, flashing me a apologetic smile. Shrugging at him, I nodded. Too tired to even utter anything. "You're really bold Mia, and I'm glad my son met you. Take care of him, and shower him with love that he never once had staying under the same roof as us" Staring into his warm green orbs, I finally flicked him a tiny smile and nodded at him once more. "You can count on me sir" "Please, just call me Flynn, see you around Mia. Again I'm sorry for earlier" Before I could even reply, he sauntered pass me. Now I know where Jude got that from.

Heaving out a breath, I pushed the door to room 345 open and walked in with heavy steps. I was taken aback when I saw a grinning Jude. "Are you o-" I was silenced when Jude pulled me in, making me fell onto his chest as he placed his lips against mine. Despite the awkward position, I smiled into the kiss, deepening it. That's the thing about kissing him; it makes me forget about the whole world. "Seriously, what would I do without you?" He whispered, staring lovingly at me before tugging a strand of hair behind my ears. "I could say the same about you" I muttered, smirking before leaning forward again.