The Coach & The song

Chapter Nineteen;

I walked on stage to lights shining down towards the stage, a dance floor of people wondering what was going on, the best friend and my new friend in the front row, and me about to come to terms with my reality and my love life.

"Is Raquel seriously about sing again"? I heard Tara say.

Oh god just what I needed right now- I thought to myself.

"Can it Tara". I heard Karah said. Feeling so disrespected she stormed out of the gym by herself. I started smiling and thinking how much I loved my best friend as I sat on the chair, getting comfortable with the guitar. I took a deep breathe in before I spoke into the mic.

"Hi, everyone for those of you who don't know my name's Raquel. Within the past year I've lost my best friend, made a new friend, quit the lacrosse team without giving my fellow teammates an explanation as to why I did so, became friends with my ex-boyfriend, see for the first time what it's like to betray someone so much and not have them give you the time of day anymore, and most of all came to terms with myself. Meaning that I pretty much for myself know what I want now and how I want to live my life. This song I wrote is a very personal one to me. During this year I met someone, and I thought that this person was really great and very accepting. Turns out that they're only accepting til I certain point. You see I went behind their back, and did something they asked me not to. I thought that I was benefiting myself by trying to find out more about their concealed pass, but when I lost him. I finally figured out and realized why this person part much wanted to cut ties with me. I don't blame them for wanting too because at times I wanted to cut ties with myself too. I just wanted to say I am sorry to all of the people that I hurt, and I'm sorry that we had to end something strong. I just wish that I could of said or did something differently than I had done Hopefully in this song that I'm about to play for you guys you understand what I'm talking about"

I started playing the first few chords of the intro. I started to sing the lyrics of the first verse.
"Walking blind it's hard to see scared of what's in front of me specks of white are plowing down, and I need you now. Darling, darling where'd you go your eyes are cold like this winter snow. You're here with me, but I'm so alone and I need you now".
I just looked into the crowd of space less faces, staring at me like they didn't understand me. I began singing the pre-chorus, it lead into the chorus I stood up playing my guitar, and singing the words to the song that I had wrote. I kept staring at the one light at the back of the gym. It's the only thing that kept me focused enough to let everything escape from my mind. I wasn't thinking about anything except for the fact that I had to come to terms that he didn't want to see me anymore, and I had to accept that. I had to.... Eventually.

I sat back down, and went into the third verse of the song. I was pretty relieved that I was halfway throughout the song. I felt proud of myself that I worked up the courage with the help from Karah, Katrina, and Aaron. I wouldn't be up here right now. I fell into the chorus, then lyrics the outro of the song. Playing the last few bits of the chords.

When I was done playing it felt like I had a moment of silence to myself. The gym was dead silent, and I just closed my eyes for a second just to embrace the quietness. I heard one person clap but my claps were still closed so I couldn't make out who it was. Knowing Karah it probably was her, then I heard another scattered clap, then a couple more after that. Soon after tons of scattered claps the entire gymnasium was clapping. I then opened my eyes and smiled walking off the stage.

"I just can't believe I did that". I said aloud.
Aaron was standing right behind me.
"That was amazing". He said hugging me.
"Thank you. It was something I needed to do. I had to for me". I said.

Katrina came and hugged me. Screaming at the top of her lungs.
"That was freaking awesome girl". She said.
"Thanks I just wish that Tucker was here hear it". I said.

"Actually he was here... He told me to give you this". She said taking out a CD, and an envelope.

I opened the envelope. There was two things inside the first thing I saw was a letter, so I opened it and skimmed through it.
"What?! He's leaving Abernathy"?! I said.
"I have to stop him. I have to see him". I said.
"He already left. He's on a train to WSU right now". Katrina said.

"Aaron! Aaron". I said yelling his name.

"Yeah"? He said.

"I need to borrow your car". I told him.

"I can't I have to be at work early tomorrow". He said.

"I need to borrow someone's car". I said.

Katrina asked. "To chase after Tucker"?

"Yes". I replied.

"Here we'll drive you". Karah said leading Katrina and I to the parking lot.

"You drove your car here"? I said.

"No, I left it here after we did our nails yesterday by accident". Karah said.

"Okay good". I said.

I know this chapter is like really short! But I promise the next two will be semi longer! 🙌🙌 holla holla
P.S: The song Raquel sang at prom is called "Back To The Start" by Kerri Medders. It's not on YouTube as for right now(December 11th, 2014) only Soundcloud. Just search up Kerri Medders and you should be able to find it! Hopefully by the time everyone reads this it'll be on YouTube 💋