The Coach & The performance round 2

Chapter Fifteen:

Today was the day that I was waiting for. After two weeks of practicing, and singing the song over and over again. Tonight was finally the day that I was going to sing my song in front of people. That I was going to let Tucker and Aaron know I how I felt when I was with both of them, and I was highly nervous. I've been hiding from Karah. Over the first few weeks, I felt like singing something reminiscing, but then I decided to sing something romantic but kinda like a knowing that I'll always be here for you type thing.

"Come on, Rocky can't I just hear a bit of the song you're the gonna sing tonight"? Karah said persistently as we walked into the room.

"Okay alright, Karah. I think I'm ready to let you hear it". I said going towards the piano and sitting down.

"Can you just play something already"?! Karah said impatiently.

I gave her that looking, and started playing the song from memory.

I started with the first line "Don't speak I can't believe this is here happening. Our situation isn't right get real who you playing with?! I never thought you'd be like this. You we're suppose to be there by my side". I continued and moved into the chorus. A few minutes later I finished playing. I looked up and saw that Karah was crying.

"Karah why are you crying"? I asked her moving away from the piano.

"Because that was so beautiful. Raquel I can't believe you're gonna sing that. I hope it doesn't make it cry again". Karah said.

"Awe thank you". I said hugging her.

"I just hope I don't mess up or anything like that". I said.

"You won't just do it like that, and you'll be fine". She replied wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Yeah I know the song and notes and everything, but if Aaron and Tucker are gonna be there. I just feel like it's gonna twice the stress, because I'm singing about both them". I replied giving her tissues.

"You'll do fine. Just don't stress about it. Do you know if Tucker's even coming to show"! She asked me.

"I mean Katrina called me, and told me that she was gonna come. I'm really not sure about him so if he doesn't come I'll

"Wait you're with friends with the ex"? Karah said.

"Yes". I replied.

"Um why"? She asked me.

"Um because when you and Tucker were mad at me. Her and Aaron were willing to talk to me". I said.

"And?! You don't talk to someone's ex that's the whole point of them being an ex! The ex part is a prefix meaning nonexistent"?! Karah said.

"That's not even with ex means, and she's not bad at all. She's really cool". I said.

"I was close enough". Karah said as my phone rang the caller I.D read KATRINA.

I opened my phone, and answered it.

"Hey, Katrina". I said looking Karah who rolled her eyes.

"Hey, Raquel. How are you? Are you ready for tonight"? She asked me.

"I'm good thanks for asking, and ready as I'll ever be". I said.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm still coming tonight. I can't wait to hear you sing". She said.

"Oh okay that's good to know. Um look Katrina I gotta go times winding down, and I gotta prep". I said.

"Okay so I'll see you at 8". She said.