The Coach & The prom

Chapter Seventeen:

"Karah come on, please please please please". I pleaded her.

"No, I'm not carpoling to prom with my jerk of an ex-boyfriend, Andi". She said.

"Why not? You're gonna have Aaron, Derek, and me there. It's just gonna be to the school. So you have nothing to worry about". I said to her.

"I have to think about it". She said.

"Okay, great". I replied and smiled.

"It was two days away from prom, and I was getting nervous. Not that prom was two days away by because I was going with Aaron. We'd always talked about going to prom together senior year, but we never actually visualized going. After we broke up it kind of just went downhill from there". I thought to myself.

"Um, Rocky hello". Karah said snapping her fingers at me.

"What"?! I said snapping back into reality.

"Which earrings should I wear? Hooped or dangly"? She asked while showing me a picture.

"Defiantly dangly". I replied.

"What's on your mind"?! She asked me.

"Well if you must know... Tucker". I said.

"Of course". She said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I just miss him like a lot a lot. I just wish I could take back what I did". I said.

"He should learn to forgive and forget. If he can't do that then he doesn't deserve you". Karah said.

"Thanks KarBear you always know how to cheer me up". I said smiling.

"Okay so what now"? I said asking her.

"We should go get our nails done". I said.

"Yes great idea. Just let me make a call first". I said.

"Okay". She replied.

"Hey, Katrina. It's Raquel". I said on the phone.

"Is everything okay"?! She asked on the other end of the line.

"Yeah it's fine. Karah and I were going to get our nails done and I wanted to know if you'd like to come"?! I asked her.

"Yeah sure I'd love to. Where are you guys going"?! She asked me.

"We're going to Polly's Nails on Main Street". I said.

"Okay I'll see you there". She said hanging up the phone.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I invited Katrina". I said.

"It's not a problem she's cool". Karah said smiling.

We drove over to Polly's Nails, and starting picking out our nail polish when Katrina walked in.

"Katrina"! I said as she came up to Karah and I. I gave her this huge hug. We picked our nail polish out, and get our toes done first.

"So tomorrow is prom, and all Raquel over here can think about is Tucker". Karah said.

"Okay, Karah I get it. I'm sorry it's just so hard". I said.

"Look, Raquel it's totally fine you're heartbroken and that's okay". Katrina said.

"Hey, Katrina are you doing anything tomorrow"? Karah asked her.

"Um not that I can recall why"? She asked me.

"Well our prom committee staff is a few people short, and we need people at prom to set up. So would you wanna maybe help us out tomorrow"? Karah asked her.