The Coach & The drive home

Chapter Two:

So I decided to take my advice as well as Karah's, but I wasn't gonna push it. I wanted to see if Tucker was actually interested in talking to me again. Or if the hallway incident was just a one time thing. Practice had ended and everyone had left.I on the other hand didn't. Karah couldn't drive me home,and my mom took my car. So I was all alone in the gym well not really.

"Hey number 24" I heard a deep voice said.I turned around to see who it was. It was Tucker I got nervous inside and happy at the same time. I walked over to him to see what he had wanted.

"I'm guessing you needed something since you called me over here". I said as I was walking over.

"Yeah,wanna help me put on the equipment away"? He said and then smiled afterwards. That smile no one could resist.All it took was for one smile,and I was hooked.

"Uh I guess". I said as I picked up a lacrosse stick.

"So" he said. "So" I replied.

"That was something". He said as he picked up some lacrosse sticks.

"Yeah practice was something. Intense actually I don't know I've actually thrown that many balls in a passing drill before".I replied

"I wasn't talking about practice. I was actually talking about when I bumped into you in the hallway, but practice was intense too". He said among his way over to the cart filled of lacrosse sticks.

"Oh you mean the moment when your got into my light of me taping up my ankle. That honestly wasn't even an intense moment". I shot back at him picking up some helmets.

"As I recalled you couldn't even tape up your own ankle .So you were even lucky I was there to help you". He said with a stern tone.

"Calm down it was just a joke, and I never took to for a lacrosse guy. Do you even know anything about lacrosse"? I said as I gave him a look.

"I know that your throw is off, and your stamina is horrible". He said.

"Okay maybe I'm not the best thrower, but I'm throw isn't off and my stamina could use a little bit of work. But that doesn't prove anything". I replied annoyingly defensive.

"Sure it doesn't". He said with a smirk.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 15 minutes til nine, and I still wasn't home.I sighed.

"What are you still doing here anyways? Isn't your ride coming to pick you up"? He said sounding like he cared.

"Well if you must know. My mom was suppose to pick me up at eight, and it's now 8:45. Karah couldn't drive me, and my mom took my car. So she was my only hope of getting home. Why do you care anyways". I replied back to him.

"Well one because you're still here, and the coach isn't so technically you're my responsibility.And two I'd really love to see you- and the rest of the girls at practice tomorrow" He said with a smirk.His smirk will be the death of me.

"Uh-huh I bet that's what it is" I said to his sneaky reply,and smirked.

"Here lemme take you home". He said.

"Uh no you don't need too" I said quickly.

"Why not? It's not like I'm gonna do something to you". He said defensively.

"Yeah, I know that it's just that a student getting out of a "assistant" coach's car isn't a good thing. For me or you". I said explaining the situation.

"Alright I'll play you for it". He said.

"Excuse me"? I said questioningly.

"You heard me, I'll play you for it". He repeated. "You get the ball into the goal I'll wait here with you for your mom.You miss I get to drop you home. Best two out of three". He said.