The air in the room seemed suffocating. The feeling of fear and nervousness coming directly from Deaton who was still examining her wounds and dressing them. No one in the room knew why since he was just wrapping and disinfecting. But he looked like he was walking on glass. Like every move he made could trigger a series of unfortunate events for all of them.

The vet had his suspicions, but he needed more evidence before making any crazy accusations.

Deaton looked at the girl and wondered what had happened before, what had caused her to run and get these gashes all over her body-- it was a question that had been floating around his head this whole time.

It didn't take long for the two girls to arrive in a frantic measure, only receiving a vague explanation from Stiles on the phone earlier. Once they entered the back room, their eyes instantly snapped over to the almost lifeless body on the table in front of them. It was a horrifying sight to see; the girl with her flesh torn open, dried blood all over her clothes and shoes.

"You guys have school in an hour," Deaton suggested, looking at all of the tired faces with dark heavy circles under their eyes. "I'll wait here until she wakes up." Deaton suggested.

He couldn't have any casualties. When she woke up he needed to make sure she was stable and that no one else was in the room that could get hurt.

"Someone should wait here with you." Scott suggested, totally oblivious to the hesitant expression that the vet had etched upon his face.

Deaton was about to respectfully decline the offer, but Lydia was already looking at the poor girl with a pained face, eyes full of sorrow.

"I'll wait. I have perfect grades despite missing a few classes. You guys go, I'll be fine." Lydia said, playing with her necklace as she scanned the girl's body, as her chest slowly rose and fell.

Reluctantly, they all surprisingly left, leaving the strawberry blond and the vet with the unconscious girl.

☾☾☾

She couldn't save them.

They were dead because of her.

Holding her little brother's lifeless body in her hands, her tremorous hands playing with his brown hair that was already half soaked in his own blood, she wept.

The girl didn't care if she got all of her clothes bloody. She was already torn up and down, slashed left and right, she just wanted him to come back—wanting them to come back.

Olivia winced at all of her open wounds. The bruises on her arms and legs, open wounds from a previous fight that were only a mere blur to her.

How was she still alive? She had no clue.

"This is all your fault." A voice echoed through the darkness, "They are dead because you refused to join us. They could have lived." A woman-like shape came out of the shadows tauntingly, long toenails scraping against her wooden house floor.

Kali.

"What more do you want from me?" Olivia softly spoke out, tears streaming down her face, voice breaking with every word she spoke. She played with her little brother's hair, weeping at the dastardly sight that will forever be burned into her head as Kali walked closer and out of the shadows.

"We want you." her voice echoed ominously throughout the empty house as if it were such a simple request. "If you refuse again, the bodies will just continue to pile up." she spat out coldly.