39~ Apples & Oranges & Bananas, Oh My!

Start from the beginning

"What's going on here?" You meant to yell but your voice came out in a dry whisper. You cleared your throat before yelling, "WHAT IN TARNATION IS HAPPENING?"

All the demigods in the kitchen froze and turned around. You realized the kitchen groups consisted of Jungkook, Yoongi, and Namjoon on one team. On the opposite side of the counter were Jimin, Taehyung—who had an apple half raised in his hand to throw—, Hoseok, and Jin.

"Well?" You tapped your foot impatiently. "Which one of you is going to explain this mess?"

"We were settling a, ah, disagreement." That was Hoseok stammering an answer.

You raised a brow. "Settling a disagreement?" Unbelievable. "By throwing fruit at each other?"

Jimin pointed angrily. "Yoongi tried hitting me with a knife!" He screeched.

"The technical term is 'stab'," Yoongi immediately fired back.

"Did it ever occur for you guys to maybe sit down and settle the disagreement through talking like normal people?" You massaged your temples.

"What good is talking?" Taehyung sneered. "The only way to settle on an agreement is to assert your dominance. Survival of the fittest!" As if to prove his point he chucked the apple in his hand, hard.

Namjoon yelled, ducking his head in the nick of time. The apple bounced off the colander on his head.

"Stop throwing my fruit!" Your produce did not deserve to be abused like this. "What the heck are you guys disagreeing on that calls for such violence anyways?"

At that a strange silence fell over everyone. All the men exchanged knowing looks and you narrowed your eyes. All of them knew something that you didn't.

"Alright. Out with it." You crossed your arms. "What's the big secret?"

To your surprise none of the demigods were forthcoming at all. None of them dared even  meet your eyes.

Finally Jungkook scrambled to his feet and approached you. A rondeau pot, stained with smashed banana, covered his head. "Are you okay? You know, after last night."

More confusion thrummed through you. He was changing the subject. Nevertheless you nodded. "I have a headache but I'll be okay."

"You should lay back down again if you have a headache then." Jungkook began to usher you back down the hall. "The hyungs and I will clean up the mess. After all, we've settled on an agreement. Haven't we, hyungs?" Jungkook added with a startling edge to his voice as he flung a pointed look at the demigods on the kitchen.

You were beyond baffled as noncommittal murmurs rippled around the Olympians. But they all grudgingly nodded.

"Jungkook, wait I—" You tried protesting.

"Poseidon tried summoning you back to the ocean," Jungkook interrupted, voice firm. "It may seem like a mere headache to you, but trust me. Your mind has undergone a lot of stress for resisting his call and you need to take it easy."

You allowed Jungkook push you back towards the bedroom. You paused in the doorway. "Jungkook, if something was wrong... you would tell me right?" You asked hesitantly.

The midnight haired demigod offered me a little smile. "Don't worry about anything, sweetheart." He planted a small kiss on your forehead. "Everything's going to be alright."

Something told you that was going to be the most answer you'd receive from him and you reluctantly went back into your bedroom to rest.

➴➵➶➴