31~Edge of the Ocean

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

[Your POV]
Dad just woke up. He seems a little better. I'm still going to stay at the hospital tonight. x Mom.

You gnawed on your lip, gazing at her text, sitting quietly in your parents' master bedroom. Relief filled you at the news of your father showing promise of healing. You guess it was also a blessing in disguise that your mom wasn't coming back to the house after all. It saved you from trying to explain the five young "men" under her roof.

Across the hall you could hear said "men" grumbling restlessly as they all squished together in the spare guest room. After recovering from their trauma of the microwave, they'd found popcorn to be "Dionysus-approved".

For the rest of the night they'd kept mostly to themselves. For a little while Jungkook himself had seemingly disappeared. But when nine o'clock struck, which was designated bedtime you'd decided, Jungkook had been with the demigods once more as if he'd never disappeared.

You stood up, ready to tell the demigods to pipe down and sleep already. A gust of wind suddenly struck the house, causing the wood of the small abode to creak like an old man's bones. Startled, your eyes instinctively flickered out the window of the bedroom. The frame opened out to the ocean itself, which was how you immediately saw him.

Shock coursed through you. He'd been with the grumbling demigods going to bed last you saw him. You were sure of it. Ignoring the rising volume of bickering from the guest room, you sprang into the hallway. You rushed out the back door of the house, disregarding the fact that you were only wearing light-weight floral pajamas.

Your feet landed on sand and carried you to the edge of the ocean where he was. You halted a few paces away, watching the scene before you with uneasy mesmerization.

The son of Poseidon was right where the tide rolled up the sand. However the water by his feet where he stood glowed and roiled, like wriggling snakes. Before your very eyes he reached out, and the ocean waters eagerly rushed up to touch his fingers. Where the water touched his fingertips, it lit up just like the glowing tide at his feet.

Another gust of wind rushed out from the ocean, almost making you stumble. But the demigod didn't seem in the least perturbed by it. The gale whipped back his hair, yet he lifted his face as if greeting it. There was a certain haunting beauty about the scene; especially around the mystical enigma who was controlling the ocean with mere flick of his fingers.

You would've loved to have just watched him with the ocean all night. But the rational part of your brain was beginning work now. You two weren't the only ones who might be on the beach late at night. And it would probably be a disaster if anyone saw Jungkook.

You swallowed hard and took the last few steps to him, closing the small distance between. "Jungkook, we should head inside now," you said softly. "Someone might see you."