27~Jimin Express is not Responsible for Infires

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"I don't see how folding himself up like a lawn chair is helping him prepare to use his powers," I remarked.

I was standing in front of my door with four other demigods as Jimin "warmed up" and "stretched" a few feet away from my apartment.

In other words, the flexible pink-haired demigod was performing forty different versions of the splits as well as folding his entire body in half. Maybe it was something with being a demigod. Or maybe the son of Hermes just didn't even have bones in his body.

"Alright, I'm ready!" Jimin finally chirped, straightening up from touching his toes with his forehead resting against his knees. "Since there's six of us total, please secure all valuables. Jimin Express is not responsible for any accidents, infires, lost or stolen items."

"Jimin Express?" Jungkook asked blankly at the same time I echoed "Infires?"

"It's short for injuries caused by fire, or just fire and injuries in general," Yoongi explained.

Injuries caused by fire? I was beginning to have second thoughts of using a "Jimin Express" demigod transportation to get to my parents' town.

"Everyone hold hands," Jimin instructed, slipping his hand into Taehyung's readily outstretched hand. After Taehyung came Hoseok, then Yoongi, and finally Jungkook. The demigod of the waters immediately took my hand into his, completing the line of Jimin Express passengers. "Now whatever happens, folks, don't let go."

Jungkook turned to me, eyes burning into mine. "Hear that, sweetheart? We're not allowed to let go of each other no matter what." There was the usual trace of vexing sarcasm, and yet there was also an underlying solemnity that sent a small shiver down my spine.

Unfortunately Yoongi wasn't having it. "Anytime now, Mister Jimin Express!" He yelled at the pink haired demigod in front of the line. "Things are getting a little too choo-choo fun back here."

On cue, a humming sound filled my ears. The surrounding buildings, sidewalk and roads all began to shimmer as if rippling water. I involuntarily tightened my grip in Jungkook's hand as the very air around us began to buzz.

At the last second I squeezed my eyes shut just as I felt my stomach drop, like I was on a roller coaster plunging down its steepest decline. The rush of wind thundered in my ears for a few seconds.

And then the smell of ocean.

Real ocean. Not the mysterious and alluring scent of the demigod.

I could smell the saltiness in the air as everything around me stilled. A surprisingly cool breeze ruffled my hair and bright sunlight filtered through my closed eyelids. Cautiously, one at a time, I opened my eyes.

Even though I knew what I was expecting, shock coursed through me. In just a few seconds, I was no longer in front of my small neighborhood. Rather, I was in the outskirts of a well sized beach town that my parents lived in, two hours away from my apartment. My parents had moved into the beachside township about a year ago. It was mainly a small, peaceful retirement borough and the few times I had visited I'd loved every second of it.