16~ "PUT DOWN THE MAILMAN"

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Y/N! Look out!!"

You jerked in surprise as Jungkook whizzed past you out the open doorway and threw himself at someone coming up to the front door— which you'd spent all morning making a new lock on it from a DIY kit. Not that a couple extra bolts might deter an unhinged demigoddess in the least but it made you feel slightly safer at least.

A loud squawk erupted in the air as Jungkook grabbed his victim by the front of the shirt, and lifted the poor man a solid three inches off the ground. Your mouth fell open and for a few seconds you were rendered speechless and unable to function. The demigod's muscles really were no joke.

"Who do you serve?" Jungkook bellowed in the victim's face. "You serve Athena don't you? Or better yet, you are just like that satyr I tossed out the window who serves Lalage, aren't you? Well you better start saying your prayers because I can do worse than toss you out a window."

"Oh. My. GHOD. JUNGKOOK PUT DOWN THE MAILMAN!" Your voice finally returned to you, raising into a panicked scream.

"What?" Jungkook turned towards you with genuine confusion in his face. He didn't seem to notice or be bothered in the least at the way the blue-uniformed mailman was scrabbling and kicking in fear midair.

You dropped the heavy screwdriver you were holding in your hand and sprinted forward. "Drop him! The only thing he serves is the Postal Service."

"And what is this Postal Service?" Jungkook turned back to the terrorized mailman.

"Just put him down, please," you begged Jungkook.

With obvious reluctance, Jungkook set the mailman onto the ground. The unfortunate postal worker tried to make a move to run, only for his legs to give out from under him and he fell to the ground.

"Oh my ghod." You were by the mailman's side in an instant. "I'm so sorry sir. This guy here is, ah, slightly not right in the brain you know?"

"What?" Jungkook was offended.

You ignored him and helped the blue-uniform guy up onto his feet. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," replied the mailman, his voice high and breathless as he continued to try and recover. "I mean, as well as one can be after being hauled into the air by another person."

"Jungkook, apologize," you snapped at the inky-haired demigod.

Jungkook crossed his arms, face set and impassive. "I do not apologize to weak shrimp-like Mortals such as this blue-clad man before me."

"It's really alright," the mailman chuckled nervously. "I shall just give you this mail here and be off on my way. Thank you and have a great day."

The frazzled postal worker shoved a bundle of mail into your hands before all but sprinting off down the street like an Olympic gold medalist.

You grimaced and turned to Jungkook. "You, sir, need to stop attacking people."