"Damn, you moved on fast. And here I thought I was irreplaceable." A voice said.

Hazel stopped hugging me and blushed furiously. I laughed.

"You idiot. She's my best friend." I said. I was about to tell him exactly who she was but I decided against it. Hazel smiled.

"Mom and I are going out for dinner. We would love if you joined us." She said hugging me again, "I'll leave you guys to talk."

Hazel walked off leaving me with Cole. Jamie was off congratulating his other friends. My eyes swept my surroundings, Jason was taking a picture with Dexter. Dexter smiled at the camera with his tongue stuck out and Jason had his hands draped over Dexter. I smiled. I was happy for them. Truly happy. I looked back at Cole who was starring at me intently.

"I suppose congratulations is in order?" He said. I only nodded not trusting my voice to speak. Over the last 2 weeks, Cole and I have spent almost everyday together. We didn't have sex apart from that one night in the bar. We spent the days going to the park, racing and fooling around. He had a kind heart even though he appeared so cold. He was even nicer to be around. I was slowly dropping my defences around him. I felt like I could trust him and I was slowly beginning to.

"I suppose so." I said tilting my head to look at the familiar sliver-grey eyes. Cole smiled at me.

"Well then. I guess I have no choice." He said. I smiled at him even though I didn't know what he meant. Cole's lips crashed against my own. His lips were soft and velvety. The kiss was slow and sweet. Unlike any I have ever experienced. It wasn't full of lust like the first time. Cole licked my bottom lip and I denied him access. He gentle nibbled on it causing me to moan and give him full access. My hands found its way to his jet black hair. He gripped my waist pulling me impossibly closer to him. I tugged at his hair which earned me a groan from him. He licked my bottom lip with his tongue before pulling back slightly. The both is us breathing heavily for much needed oxygen.

Hazel and Gloria were clapping while Jamie whistled at us. The familiar red tinge formed on my cheeks as I hid my face in Cole's chest. He only chuckled. I wasn't used to PDA. I didn't even do that with Jason. Cole brushed the fallen locks from out of my face and tilted my chin towards him. He kissed me once again.

"Congratulations." He said. I nodded smiling or blushing. At this point, I wasn't sure. He took my hand leading me towards the small group that was waiting for us. I looked around once again. I sighed. My father, brother nor sister, even bothered to show up. As much as I wanted to get as far as I could from them, it didn't change the fact that their absence hurt alot. Gloria smiled at us.

"You boys ready for dinner?" She said. I smiled at her. Gloria always had a kind heart. Her husband passed away just before they took in Hazel and she was never able to have kids of her own so she loved Hazel endlessly. Gloria had helped me a lot over the years, she even paid for my rent in advance, 1 whole year in advance. So now I didn't have to worry about rent. She also set up an account for me which she would place money in so I could pay my bills and purchase food. I even had enough to buy extra clothes. Gloria was truly a blessing towards Hazel and I. She was like my second mother and I was truly grateful for her. Hazel kissed her mother's cheek.

"We're ready Mama. But I think Austin is going to travel with Cole." She said looking at me. I glared at her and she laughed. I rolled my eyes. Soon everyone decided it was time to depart. I walked with Cole heading to his car looking back at the school I had transferred to.

I transferred during sophomore year. Hazel had to transfer with me. Like I said, Hazel have been there all my life. When she heard my dad was moving away, she immediately got Gloria to find a way for us to be closer. And Gloria couldn't stand us being apart again. Hazel knew I changed my name. Gloria knew I changed my name. My dad knew I changed my name. I mean, I was only 16 when I decided to change my name and looks.

Back then, I was sporting brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. I had died my hair when my mom died as I was looking too much like her. I wore coloured contact lens and big rimmed glasses that was just for fashion. In otherwords, I changed my entire look when she died. She died when I was just 13. Now, I was sporting my natural hair colour and my natural green eyes. It changed my appearance alot. I was still looking more and more like my mom, which I hated but for now, I just had to suck it up. As for the reason why I changed my name when I was 16, it's actually pretty simple.

I was on the run.

***
So guy, hey! I know most of you guys will just skip over this but what the heck.

I'm just here to clear up some confusion that I know some people might have.

Why did he change his look? Remember his mom died when he was 13. In his head, he didn't want to remember her and he looked too much like her. So he died his hair brown and wore coloured contacts. Specifically the colour chocolate brown. There is nothing wrong with that.

But his natural hair colour is BLOND and his real eye colour is EMERALD GREEN.

As for the reason why he changed his name and went back to his natural looks, he is on the run.

I won't tell you what he's running from or anything else. Keep reading for that. 😋

Anyways,
Thank you guys for supporting me this far. Chapter 10. Wow. I'm impressed with myself. In the meantime, please check out my other book.

SOLD!

It's not the best book out there and it's not an LGBTQ book but I would like feedbacks.

As we continue
Remember to

Vote

Comment

And Share!!!!

Love you guys
MsComplex💋