Chapter 21: Call for Help

Sam's POV

I could hear someone giggling somewhere in the room. My eyes soon fluttered as I woke up from my slumber. Rose was nearby, giving me a smirk.

"Morning sunshine", she snickered. I frowned, wondering why she was like that. For some reason, I felt something heavy on my right arm. "Looks like someone's being comfortable", she added as she stood up from her seat, opening the curtains. When I attempted to get off, someone held my waist tightly and mumbled incoherently. "You better get up and do something about that," she said, pointing to my morning wood.

I looked down, and there was already a tent on my boxers, making me groan as I lay back on the bed. Then I remembered, Aphrodite was in the same room as I was. Her arm was still wrapped around my waist, and it got lower than how it was. Please, please don't hit it.

"A little help, please," I said with my voice still a bit raspy, rubbing my eyes from sleep. Rose went to my side and grabbed the extra pillow, quickly inserting it to Aphrodite, who was hugging me earlier.

"For someone who does one night stands before, you don't often sleep with girls after sex?" she asked with an amused look. I shook my head.

"Like you said, one-night stand. When I'm done, I let them sleep, but I quickly got off. You know how Ally gets worried whenever I don't come home," I said as I stretched my body, yawning at the same time. "Why are you here, though?" I asked with a still sleepy look.

"Carter asked me to call you. He said that you'd be training with him again," she said as she gave me training clothes. It has muscle tees, slight fitting shorts, and my underwear. I thanked her before doing my morning routine. Then both of us got downstairs towards the home gym. A large mat spread on the floor, and Carter was wearing gloves doing some shadow punching.

"Carter, I've brought your sparring partner", Rose shouted from the door. Carter turned his attention to us, beaming a wide smile.

"Why me for your sparring partner?" I asked as I walked closer to him while doing some arm stretches.

"Your grandmother asked me to keep you in check every now and then. She informed me that you haven't gone to the gym for a week, so she thought you were out of shape," he said as he placed a hand on his waist. "Warm-up. After that, we'll get to sparring immediately. I just want to test if you're getting rusty," he said with a mischievous grin. I nodded and did my warm-ups. Well, it's just for 15 minutes, but I could already feel my sweat coming out.

"Wrap your hands with these", Carter said, throwing a pair of gloves. I wrapped my hands with cover first before I wore the fingerless gloves. "Do you still needed a mouthguard?" He asked with an eyebrow raised, I shook my head, and he just shrugged, throwing it to the side.

I jumped on my place as I could my blood pumping in veins widely. Sparring with Carter isn't easy. Catherine and I knew that well. Given his large figure, he's tough to bring down, which doesn't mean he's large; he's slow. His enemies tend to underestimate his agility, and they're right when they said looks could be deceiving.

"Ready to bring me down?" He said as he punched both of his knuckles. I nodded quickly at him as both of us got in position. "Don't be afraid to lash out once in a while," he said as both of us gave fist bumps and started circling me around.

"It's not good to play with fire, Carter", I warned him.

"I've been dancing with fire ever since I was born, kid," he said as he quickly jabbed me. I kept blocking his punches which were heavy, by the way. As he gave me a straight punch, it brought me a couple of feet from him. I could feel my arm tingling with pain. He kept taunting me, and he knew well how to push my buttons. "That's all what you got?" he grinned as he blocked one of my punches. My jaws tightened as I gritted my teeth, and I looked at him with dead eyes. "Now that's the one who I want to spar with," he said as he bounced off on his feet.