Chapter 43: Revenge

Sam's POV

"Have you remember your promise to me when we were kids?" Amanda asked out of character. I know this was not in the script, and I noticed that our French teacher indulged in our conversation. I decided to play along. She probably forgot her script.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"I promise that I won't leave your side. To take care of you when we get old. To love you that even death can't set us apart," she said with a scoff before shaking her head as if it was just a joke.

"You still don't remember me after all, do you?" she said, pursing her lips.

Her green eyes flashed anger and pain as she expressed all her thoughts while I was there rooted in my place. I couldn't believe what I hear right now.

"You're my first love, Sam. You ALWAYS are," Aphrodite said with teary eyes before leaving the room. As the door slammed close, everyone cheered and thought it was just a performance. Even my teacher thought it was only a performance. But the two of us knew that it wasn't.

The cheering around me seemed to deafen, and I came back to my senses when I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I looked to see it was the next presenter, so I excused myself and went back to my seat.

As I took my seat, I felt something wet falling in my hand.

"Are you okay, man?" A classmate of mine asked in a hushed whisper.

"Yeah, why?" I frowned.

"You're crying," Huh? I tried to touch my eyes with the back of my hand but stopping it was futile. I quickly stood up from my seat and got out to head for the washroom.

THIRD POV

As Sam went to the washroom, Aphrodite was on the softball field, bawling her eyes out. She thought Sam would finally remember everything. She hoped that her Sam before would return. Somehow, that hope didn't come.

She lay down on the dugout, hugging her knees in a fetal position. Not long, she fell asleep.

Not far from the field, a few eyes were on Aphrodite, eagerly waiting for the right time. When they noticed that the girl was not moving from the dugout, they quickly got up from their hideout and drove the car towards the field. They knew they were trespassing but still, they don't mind the consequences. After all, they know that their boss will kill them if they failed.

Aphrodite was caught off guard and was already being held when she woke up. She tugged hard against her captors, but it was futile. They were two fully grown men. Then, a third man came in and covered her mouth and nose with a handkerchief to make her faint.

It didn't take long for her body to go limp, and then the two grown men quickly hauled Aphrodite as if she was only a leaf.

Sam walked out of the building to get some air. When she noticed some commotion near the softball field, her eyes squinted as she saw a man carrying the familiar figure of a woman. Her steps were increasing in speed until she was running to catch up. The bulky man dragged Aphrodite inside the car and saw Sam running in their direction. He tilted his hat before getting inside.

As much as Sam tried to gain her distance towards the car, it was futile since it went away quickly. Her steps slowly went to a stop. All she could see is the figure of the vehicle slowly fading as it drove further away. Her knees gave up as she went down on the ground, catching her breath. Her fingers clawed the soil in frustration. She let everything out by pounding her fist on the floor. You can hear the pain as she cried out once again.