Chapter 1: On My Way

I could hear the PA announcing our arrival at LAX. I sighed, knowing that I'll be back in this hell hole. Despite my intentions of not coming back here, I made a promise to Grandma.

I was walking back and forth when Grandma told me that I should return to LA soon.

"Grandma, why so soon?" I asked in annoyance.

"Dear, at some point, you got to face the horrors of your past. You must return to American soil and be with your aunt. You do know she misses you a lot even if she's busy with work," she replied in a soft tone like she always does.

I sighed deeply, knowing that she was right.

"Fine! If I would turn 18," I finally agreed. Well, I'm still 13. I still got a lot of time. I thought to myself.

Little did I know, my grandma dragged me from my school before I got 18! Grandma knew what to tick me off, and with that, she got me riding on the next plane towards LA. I left the school without even saying goodbye to the few friends I made there.

During the span of 5 years, I was growing. In the sense of physical and mental. Socially, not that much. Emotionally? I can't comprehend yet because back in England, I'm your so-called "playgirl." I was known as a Cassanova despite my small circle of friends. Everyone there knew not to mess with me because they'd seen my other side.

Grandma was not happy with that, and it was one of the reasons she got me back to LA. How? Well, let's say that someone decided to put drugs on one of my friends. I was pretty upset because that idiot even denied it in front of my face. What I did was I made him drink the poisoned cup, and obviously, the drug took effect.

There, everyone knew not to mess up with my circle of friends. What? I'm just overly protective of them. Catherine, Alodia, Allysandra, and Rose were some of the school's prettiest girls, but they were not party people, unlike me. I dragged them during that time. After all, I was in the moment of recovering from my heartache because someone decided to fuck on my bed with a guy, and her name is Chandra.

I don't know why I fell in love with that snake. Probably used my status to gain fame. After that fucking event, I went rogue like me being a Cassanova. Every few weeks, I change girls. My friends warned me about it, and Grandma found it a year after. I know those four will kill me because I didn't say goodbye to them, but I hope Grandma did it for me.

Before swimming, my sport was swimming, but when a growth spurt happened, I found out that I was good with basketball and decided to continue it until this senior year. Fuck! My best friend would totally kill me for not showing up! I inherited my musical and intellectual traits from my mother and my physical traits from my father. I didn't say my father is dumb, but my mother's just a bit nerdier than my father.

The plane was already taxiing when I realized that I need a haircut.

"I forgot that I need to cut my hair as I got back here," I said to myself. The seatbelt sign went off, and everyone started to get off the plane. I waited for everyone to go out so that it wouldn't be a hassle for me.

As I got my suitcase, the only bag that Grandma prepared for me, the Captain greeted me with a wide smile.

"Welcome back to LA, Ms Thompson. May your journey back here will end on a good note," he said in a polite tone.

"Thank you, Captain," I said, tilting my cap in respect to his title. What? That doesn't mean I'm a Cassanova; I'm impolite. Grandma didn't raise me like that.