Good night jurney

„You think this is the end ? You can't stop this now. You can't escape! I've been saving one last surprise!"

Those were Dimentios last words before disappearing. Nothing was heard of him after that final battle.

Where did he go ?

Did he truly just disappear ?

Did he die ?

After the pure hearts banished the chaos heart, everything was back to normal.

But, in a place unknown how to reach. Only known by those who've been there. Silence reigned.

The time has come.

Dimension D. Nothing but pure silence, a small green room. A Dimension made for a battle not won.In the nothingness that is Dimension D, only one single individual was floating in the void. Dimentio, Who has lost his battle, finally awoke from his long slumber.

Slowly he opened his eyes. The illuminated room making him blink a few times. Curiously he gazed upon his own Black Hand, that was floating in front of his face, until he finally spoke.

„So the worlds didn't end..."

There was one more moment of Silence. Only his breathing was to be heard, until suddenly Dimentio broke out in laughter.

„The fools! Did they really think saving the world would have given them a „Happy ending" ? How naive..."

Silence struck once again.

„but..."

Dimentio began talking, unsure of the circumstances.

How did my Game not end?

He questioned himself.After that final battle, it seemed as if his game surely ended. Nothing of this made any small amount of sense to the magician. But after failing to come up with a plausible explanation he couldn't be less bothered and quickly brushed that question off his shoulder.

„no matter! I'll just continue where i left of. Or better yet, plan a comeback so great it is gonna punch them right out of their socks!"

This rare opportunity of a second chance. There was no way Dimentio wouldn't make the most of it.

„But this world alone won't do, oh no~"

Dimentio laughed to himself. He needed more then the world he already knew could muster and he already got a plan in his head.

„This will be very entertaining".

.

.

„I think he's good!"

In a World that seems impossible, a world to be called „reality" two siblings broke out in a fight, debating about their mindsets.

„He is obviously bad!"

A young man and his sister where arguing about the silly question „is Dimentio, the true villain of the Game „Super Paper Mario" actually good or evil?"

„just think about it Marie!"

the young man continued his argument.

„He wanted to destroy all worlds! Don't you think that this is kind of insane and totally evil?! That dude is a psychopath!"

Marie looked at him with a glare that could kill in seconds.

„Don't you dare call him a psycho! He only wanted to do that, so he could create PERFECT new worlds! He only had good intentions!"

She explained heatedly to her brother. She knew she was on the loosing end, yet still she couldn't believe what her brother was saying. If he had an opportunity to change the world, wouldn't he use that?

„Are you fucking stupid? Becoming king of all worlds sounds like good intentions to you?! He kills the people that aren't of use to him! Open your eyes! That guy is BEYOND crazy!"

„He would have deserved to be a King if he granted a perfect life! Besides, you're only looking at the surface! You gotta dig deeper into a character to understand that. But YOU lack the empathy, so I guess I shouldn't have expected more from you! And i'm sure that if Mario and the others just talked to him instead of instantly fighting him, he would have reconsidered to destroy all life forms!"

Marie was hanging on her argument and there was no sign that she would change her mind. That and the fact the she called him unempathetic made her brother very angry. He couldn't understand how his own sister could be so blind and would defend a character that was literally written to be a plot twist villain, just cause she liked him, which he knew exactly for it was very obvious.

„He doesn't even have a damn backstory!! Oh my god! Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall! You're just a dirty simp, there's no use in trying to put sense into your thick scull! Why, you're as dense as a damn donkey! I understand why you have so such trouble getting friends! Get a hobby will ya?!"

The young man stomped out of his sisters room. Marie looked at her brother in somewhat disbelieve. How dare he insult her like that over that dumb argument.

„were are you going?!"

she asked him angrily, now being riled up by what slipped out of her brothers mouth.

„I'm going outside! There's no way i'm gonna get infected by your stupidity! What're you gonna do huh? Go rant to your cat, like the lonely looser you are!"

Marie made a little noise that sounded like growling.

„FINE! Flee from an argument, like the coward YOU are!"

„screw you!"

„screw YOU!"

Marie threw her door closed only to jump onto her bed and scream into a pillow to let it all out.She was furious and exhausted from the fighting.

I hate him! I hate him so much!

She yelled to herself in her head and sighed annoyed, then looked outside the window only to see how dark it already was outside.It seemed like a miracle that her parents didn't come upstairs to yell at her and her Brother being noisy.Marie sighed once again and turned off the lights in her room. She decided to go to bed earlier then normal that night.She laid down under her duvet and closed her eyes. She was frustrated about how vulnerable she really is towards her family. They just knew to much about her, which of course made sense since they are her family. She was thankful for her family always having her back in decision making. Yet still she wished to finally have an opportunity to decide something for herself. Completely on her own.

Not long after that thought process she fell into the realm of unconscious dreaming. Usually she didn't dream anything while sleeping but this night was an exception. Tho her dream was more confusing then any dream she's ever had.

A black void seemingly expanding into infinity.

Laughter that sounded joyful, yet twisted in its own weird way.

And the sound of static was rushing in her ears.

She woke up in a room that was lit up by static that was playing on the warm screen of her Tv, the noise being so loud that it seemed to have woken her up.

Weird.

She thought to her self.She could've sworn that she didn't turn on anything on her television before going to bed.

And what was that in the static?

A smile?
Was she imagining things?

Without thinking about it any more she stood up, still sleep drunk to turn off that ear piercing sound.But suddenly, as she reached for the off button.

A hand.

Static.

And then. Void.