Familiar Unfamiliar

Previously:

After being defeated by the pure hearts, Dimentio was stuck unconsciously floating in his own dimension. Now after a long slumber he finally woke up and after questioning his situation for a mere second immediately plans a comeback show.
On the other hand a young woman named Marie broke out in an argument with her brother over the question if Dimentio, her favorite character and villain of the game Super Paper Mario was actually evil or only had good intentions.
Ending the argument that was getting more and more heated by insulting each other she went to bed earlier then usual, only to after having a rather weird dream  be woken up by loud playing static on her TV.
She went to turn it off but suddenly as she reached for the off button.

A hand.

Static.

And then. Void.

Everything was dark.

Or, well, maybe not dark in the traditional sense. It wasn't pitch black, rather everything was light red, maybe even orange. The kind of glow you see when you close your eyes and turn your face to the sun.

Marie was laying in a plain, huge field of grass, that was surrounded by a forest. The sun was warming up her skin while a light spring breeze flew by, seemingly intentionally trying to help her out to not get overheated. She was laying not directly under but near a single, lonely tree in the middle of the field.
On the tip of her fingers she could feel the blades of grass that tickled her skin ever so gently and aside from the birds tweeting their wonderful little melodies and the wind rustling the leaves of the undersized tree standing near her, everything was quiet.

The whole scenery was very calming and relaxation flowed through Marie's body as she was laying comfortably in that cozy spot of grass.

Suddenly the silence was broken and Marie tensed up a tiny bit in caution as she heard little footsteps approaching her.
The steps didn't sounds heavy by far and it seamed like the creature coming closer was slightly jumping to get to her faster and not trip over themself in the process.
After a little bit a voice was heard, tho that voice was definitely anything but pleasant to listen to. It was a kind of voice that would be associated with a migraine if you heard it at first. Aside from how dreadfully annoying it sounded there was also a speck of worry in the tone of the creatures words.

„Erm... Miss ?... are y- are you.. alright ?"

It seemed like the creature was panting a bit from running over to Marie and it sounded a little anxious, maybe even afraid ? Or maybe shocked ?

Marie opened her eyes but immediately shot up in shock with a yelp escaping her mouth, accidentally budding heads with the Toad that was leaning over her head and trying to wake her up.

Contrary from what would be expected, budding heads with the Toad was actually quiet unpleasant, as it gave her a light headache, making her rub her head which the Toad was mirroring to make it's own headache feel better as well.

Whats going on ? Am i dreaming ?
This can't be real, right ? I must be dreaming.

Marie thought for a moment and continued rubbing her head until suddenly stopping everything she was doing as she realized what she was doing at that moment.
How does she feel pain if this is just a dream ?
Is she going insane ?

Her speechlessness quickly turned into panic and she turned to face the Toad, suddenly gripping it's shoulders and looking deep into it's eyes with pure seriousness.