Chapter 21

Previously on "The Lawyer":

As I made my way out of the apartment. I noticed that the twenty I left on the small table was missing. I quickly put two and two together and turned towards the sleeping couple.

B:" DAMON!"

Now on " The Lawyer":

Bree's P.O.V:

After giving Damon a good beating, I excited my apartment. I made my way down the street, heading towards my work place.

As I was walking I spotted a couple I definitely did not want to see now.

I turned my head towards the other direction and walked a little faster, passing them quickly but to my awful luck I bumped into one of them.

I stupidly looked back for a split second and they caught a glimpse of my face. I muttered a quick 'sorry' and subtly sprinted away.

I didn't see the curious looks on their faces, nor did I notice them following me.

After a few minutes I finally made it to the shop and quickly walked in. My co-worker and new friend Nour was waiting for me since we had the same shift. Our other co-worker 'Skylar' was just clocking out.

He saw me and shot me a warm smile.

S:" G'day."

He talked with a thick Australian accent, which was by the way the cutest thing ever.

Sometimes i only understood half of what he was saying but I was starting to get used to it. On our breaks he would teach a little bit of Australian Slang and tell me about he home and such.

Skylar obviously comes from Australia. He's a fairly free soul who likes to travel a lot and he's been going from country to country every six months for the past two years, making friends and connections. He's rich as well but never flaunts his money to anyone.

So he's a great guy overall and a great friend as well.

B:" Hey Sky."

He walked toward me and gave me a quick hug.

S:" I've gotta shoot through, my date's waiting."
B:" See you later!"

He quickly walked out the door disappearing into the crowded streets.

I quickly went behind the counter and clocked in, putting on my apron and tying it behind my back.

I walked over to Nour who was standing behind the cash register talking to a customer, and tapped her on her shoulder to remind her that I was here.

It was a slow evening and the place was basically empty, besides the collage student who was on his 5th cup of coffee, black coffee. And a cute couple that was seated near the windows.

Nour had just gone into the break-room for her break and I was the only one behind the counter.

I was checking the cash register when the little bell that hung on the doors rung.
I heard two pairs of footsteps coming my way.

B:" Hello! Welcome to Bake&Take. What can I get you?"

I finally looked up as I said the last word and to my shock, it was that stupid ass couple from before.

They looked at me with unreadable expressions.

B:" Mom? Dad? What're you doing here?"

Mom looked me up and down and her expression remained the same.

Dad on the other hand looked at me with a sympathetic smile.

(B.D (Bree's Dad)/ B.M (Bree's Mom))

BD: "You bumped into me earlier today, remember?"
B:" Y- Yeah..."

I nervously looked down.

Things haven't been the best with my parents these past few years. They didn't approve of Chris when he was my boyfriend and their disapproval only grew when he proposed to me without their blessings.

I still haven't told them that I'm divorced woman since it was always tense between the three of us. My mom was colder than my dad thought.

My mom was still looking at me with a blank gaze.

B:" Anyways, what would you like to order?"

Dad looked at Mom and then back at me.

BD: "Can we talk?"

B:" My shift doesn't finish till eleven, can you wait?"

It was now 9:34.

BD: " Sure, we'll just take a stroll around the streets till you finish."
B:" Okay."

Without ordering anything, they turned around and walked out.

I threw a quick glance around the whole place and no one looked like they were ready to head out so I discreetly took out my phone and texted Sin.

(Left Bree, right Sin)

—-—————————————————

Hey
You're still picking me up today, right?

Yeah
I am

There's a little change of plans
My parents came to the café
They want to talk to me so i'm taking them back with me.

Oh
Do you know what they want to talk about?

No, they haven't told me
But they don't know that I'm divorced now.
So i'm gonna tell them tonight
And I was hoping I could introduce you?

Are you sure ?

Positive!

Okay then
It would be my pleasure

Great!
Meet me at mine at 11:30.

Okay.

———————————————————

I tucked my phone back into my pocket and continued my shift normally.

The night was very slow and it felt like an eternity before the clock hit eleven.

Nour and I, quickly wiped all the tables clean and took care of the cash register.
We quickly locked up the place and went our separate ways, but not before bidding each other farewell.

I waited for my parents outside the cafe patiently, and they showed up minutes later in their car.

I quickly got in and gave them directions to my home.

The10 minutes it took to arrive at my apartment building felt like mere seconds.

We made our way into the building, up the stairs and onto my floor. I opened the door and the moment I was dreading was finally here.

To Be Continued....