My Pets

Something about me, is I love pets. Well, actually I just really love animals in general. As well as that, did I forget to mention I'm a male? Sorry. Name any animal, and I'm bound to like it. People normally question this, and me and one of my friends show them that we've both held furry caterpillars. I find everything animal in life really cute. But my one time favourite is cats, second in line would be chickens, then maybe lizards.

I used to play an all-girl Softball team. (Not that I knew it was all girls, until my first day) It wasn't a great experience, well in the terms that I am a male, so making friends with other males, is a lot easier. But I made do, and eventually I was friends with all of them. My nickname was Yoshi, because I used to wear a Yoshi shirt to training, sigh. And especially one of them, her name was Izzy, everyday after training and games, we would go look into the trees looking for lizards. But we didn't call them lizard, on no. We called the 'Lillards'. Just because there is a basketball player who has that name.

Catching 'lillards' was really fun, and one day I went to her house, and we spent the night looking for lillards. We found one, but after that, when I'd come to search for more, her really big dog came and jumped on, which was quite painful. But it was pretty funny. But the year after that, she didn't play anymore because she'd moved to the under 15's. We were in the under 13's. But I still see her every now and again. She was truly a good friend..

So that's my story of why I like lizards. Now, if you ever talk to any of my friends about me, they will say I love cats. Like a lot. And when I say a lot, (even though I just did), I mean like very, very, very, much. I've had loads. So many that we broke the law. Well, kind of. You see, recently one of our kitties named Basil died. But before that, he was our 4th cat that we had at the moment, and there wasn't really a law on the amount of cats you can have. But since then it was changed to three. But since we had Basil before that law was made, we weren't actually breaking the law. But also, we were... crazy, huh? I've had 19 cats. Actually not me, my family. I haven't lived to be around all of them. Don't even ask me to try and name them all, I can't remember.

I've had some bunnies in my lifetime. It's hard to put it... but I've had three rabbits, but... also two. Let me explain. Our first ever rabbit was named Meggie. She was brown with big ears. But, one day she got out, and ran away. We put up posters, and were about to give up when no one came after a while, when someone came holding a brown rabbit. Now here's the part that was confusing. One day we found out this rabbit wasn't ours when we took them to the vet. So we kinda stole someone else's rabbit by accident. So instead of Meggie, we named her Megs. Very creative. But she died of an ear infection a while later. Sad. Our other rabbit, was called Skipper. He was a big white rabbit. He was great and lived for a while, until he died of a nose infection. Give us a break.

Birds, are creatures I love. We've had three, one budgie, two weiros, (cockatiels). The budgie died, by our cat Basil. They had jumped onto my arm, but then proceeded to fall off, and that's when my cat came bolting out of who knows where, and picks the budgie up in his mouth, then runs off. Your allowed to laugh. Not at this though; that budgie died later in the night, as cats saliva isn't very health for birds. Our other bird, her name was snowy, as she was white. She was a great bird, but she had a problem. She couldn't fly, as she had some wing condition that prevented her. But, being a bird, she didn't understand this. So, she continued to try and fly. Over. And over. And over. Eventually her backside started to bleed from landing on it so much. This lead.... to death. She bled so much once, we couldn't save her. That's the story of our birds.

Chickens, my second favourite animal. I love them, and have three. One is called Retah, the other, Nina, and also a Lily. Where I live, your not really allowed to have roosters, so we had an all-hen-pen. We have two Silkies, (which have very floofy heads) and one bantam mix. I love the bantam (Nina), and I think of her as my eagle. I call her this because she sits on my arm if I want her to. We've had 4 other chickens. Their names; Daphne (Scooby Doo reference), Bella, Iron-Chicken (Iron-man Reference) Fluffy. (Reference to some other thing). As you may not know, chickens live in packs. The biggest leads, the smallest is attacked. As the saying goes; survival of the fittest. So yeah. Fluffy was the leader of that group, and Nina is the leader of the now group.

My final animals, fish. Too keep this short, here's some information. I have too many to count. I have a salt-water tank. The tank was a gift from make-a-wish. (More about that later), and they are all very pretty. But we've had at least 7 Mantis Shrimps. Or Prawn Killers, in Aussie term. Oh Shrimps? How are those special? Oh believe me, these ones are. There are two kinds, ones that punch, ones that stab. The punches, have the power, of a 22 caliber bullet. Enough to break glass, or snap a fish in half. The stabbies, have the power to stab straight through the shell of snails, and crabs. A bad part about them is the sound. They click like crazy loud. Possibly because they hit at the speed of sound... So yes. Go look them up, they are creepy. Oh wait- I said I loved almost all animals.. well... I think that they are very cool though.

These are all my animals, and they have led me through tough times. I love all creatures. And really, I'm not looking forward to moving away from them. But, hey. That's just life.

Hey guys, just wanted to say: thanks so much for reading these! I really appreciate it. :3 Also, if your too lazy to go look up mantis shrimps, look at this:

Both types strike by rapidly unfolding and swinging their raptorial claws at the prey, and can inflict serious damage on victims significantly greater in size than themselves. In smashers, (ones that punch) these two weapons are employed with blinding quickness, with an acceleration of 10,400 g (102,000 m/s2 or 335,000 ft/s2) and speeds of 23 m/s (83 km/h; 51 mph) from a standing start. Because they strike so rapidly, they generate vapor-filled bubbles in the water between the appendage and the striking surface—known as cavitation bubbles. The collapse of these cavitation bubbles produces measurable forces on their prey in addition to the instantaneous forces of 1,500 newtons that are caused by the impact of the appendage against the striking surface, which means that the prey is hit twice by a single strike; first by the claw and then by the collapsing cavitation bubbles that immediately follow. Even if the initial strike misses the prey, the resulting shock wave can be enough to stun or kill.