Chapter 5: Locker Room

Start from the beginning

He laughed and came and gave me a hug and ruffled my hair. "That was good Lori! I had fun, but I'm winning next time."

"Only in your wildest dreams," I said.

"How did you know you're in my wildest dreams?" he winked. Gross.

Vince pulled Ryan away to what looked like an intense conversation. Emmett stood there awkwardly. Yes, victory was sweet. People now had the courage to smile at me instead of scowl. Maybe things were lifting. No pranks happened through my first two period, I crossed my fingers hoping it would last as I made my way to my locker. Before I got there a cloud of white powder blinded me. I dropped my things in shock. I looked up to find Vince holding a now empty bag of flour, the jerk did not just smirk. He was so going to get it.

"Miss Lively, go take a shower before you dirty the entire campus," said Mrs. Landon, an art teacher.

I guess my killing Vince was going to have to wait.

I took a nice long warm shower in the girl's locker room to relieve my anger. This charade couldn't go on forever, I'm already into week three. Vince had to give up eventually right?

I walked out with a towel around me. I had to change into my gym clothes again. I changed into them and sighed. I couldn't deal with another day of catcalling and dog whistles. I picked up Emmett's sweater, which I haven't returned yet. It was the only good thing in all this.

"Oh look at that guys, we missed the show," said a guy who's name I couldn't remember.

"What are you doing here?" I asked clutching Emmett's sweater to my chest.

"Hey Brent, I got an idea. Let's just replay the show. Come on sexy give us a show," said Beckett, a boy on the tennis team.

"Get out now or I'll scream," I warned.

"And? No one can hear you," said Brent.

The look in their eye said they were looking for something more than getting flashed. I started to make a run for it, but Beckett had grabbed me by the waist. I kicked and screamed landing a kick on Brent.

"Dude, hold her tighter!" he ordered.

"I'm trying," cussed Beckett.

"Let me go!" I yelled. Beckett now had me on the floor and was straddling me. I squirmed underneath him but he was too heavy. I just screamed hoping someone will hear me.

"Shut her up man!" ordered Brent.

"That wouldn't be a good idea," said a familiar voice.

I looked up and there stood Emmett. He drop kicked Brent who went crashing into a locker then scurrying off. Emmett ripped Beckett off me and threw him against a locker before sending endless blows at him. Oh god, he was going to kill him.

I tried pulling him off him. "Emmett stop! Stop it! This isn't you!"

As if my words finally went through his head, he dropped Beckett who lay moaning on the floor unconscious.

"Are you okay?" he asked caressing my cheek with his large hand.

I nodded. "Thank you. I don't know what would of happened if you weren't here."

"I'm sorry about this," he said.

"It's not your fault," I replied. It wasn't, it was a certain handsome jerk that started with the letter V. 

Vincent.

Before Emmett could stop me I marched over to Vince's lounge. Yes, he had a lounge where him and his crew chilled. They had a TV and pool table, ping pong table, fuse table, small bar, even a hot tub, you name it. I found him playing an intense match of pool with Ryan. His back was turned so he didn't see me storm in.