Chapter 24: New Year

"Let go," I hit Wesley across the chest. If he didn't let go then I was going to have to hurt him and risk a lawsuit. Celebrities always got away with everything. I didn't want to get in trouble.

"Ease down baby," he started laughing. He was high. He reeked of it.

"The lady told you to let go," a husky voice interrupted.

Vince.

I've never been so happy to see him, hopefully this guy will let go now. I still didn't want to hit him.

"Piss off, I found her first," the man grabbed my other wrist and pulled me closer.

Vince looked like he could commit murder. He took a step closer to us and punched Wesley making him tumble towards the floor. A few shrieks made people move out of the way and watch the show. Vince was ready to lunge at him again, but I stood between them.

"Vince, let's just go," I urged him.

A strong grip grabbed above my elbow making me crash into a hard chest. The sleeze bag grabbed me again. If Vince wasn't going to kill him before then he was going to now. I needed to intervene. I pulled Wesley over my shoulder and slammed him against the floor. I almost lost my balance never having to do that in heels, but Vince held me stable.

Two men jumped in probably just looking for a fight. Vince pulled me behind him and hit one man and before the other man could hit him Emmett jumped in. Someone held my hand, I looked to the side to find an anxious Ally. I also noticed three security men pushing through the crowd. Crap.

"Vincent! Emmett!" I called them. They looked at me and I pointed to the guards, realization hit them and they punched and pushed the men they were fighting far enough to run to us. Vince grabbed my unoccupied hand as Emmett grabbed Ally's other hand and we started running towards the exit. I dared to look behind us to find the two guys the boys were fighting following us along with two out of the three security men. We pushed past the sweaty bodies and finally made it outside. We ran down the street to an intersection.

"Hey! We're going to get you," called one of the men making his way to us.

"We need to split up," said Emmett.

Vince nodded tugging me along with him. I looked at Ally and Emmett worried.

"We'll be fine Monkey," said Emmett, putting me slightly at ease.

I nodded and ran behind Vince. We kept running and my legs started to burn and I knew my feel were going to blister from the heels. What happened to good old converse? I started to slow down not being able to do this much longer. I finally stopped and took a breather.

"Vince... I can't run... any more," I wheezed.

Vincent looked around nervously. "Okay, come there's a corner store across the street, we'll hide in there."

I nodded my head still trying to catch my breath. As soon as I step into the convenient store I removed my heels feeling a refreshing sting as I step on the cool floor. The man behind the counter gives us a weird look before raking his eyes down my body. Vince lets out a low growl before dragging me into one of the aisles.

"Are you okay?" Vince cups my face looking for any emotion or injury.

"I'm fine, just a little shook," I admit.

"You fucking scared me," he shook his head.

I was going to apologize, but I realized I did nothing wrong. It was all Wesley's fault. I replayed the events in my head. I can't believe that happened. Before I knew it I burst into laughter. Vince looked at me as if I lost my mind.