Chapter 22: Confession

I walked up to my room with the world's widest smile on my face. Tonight had gone better than planned. I lay on my bed and sighed. Moments like this would be great if I could bore a friend with how amazing it had been. Ally and Vicky! I can't avoid them forever. I should start off by telling Vicky, she would take this easier. Ally on the other hand... she will be heartbroken. How could I have done this to her? I couldn't have seen it coming, my feelings for Vince just hit me out of nowhere. It's like they've been hiding inside waiting for a moment to come out. I will tell Vicky tomorrow and if she's forgiven me then maybe she can help me with Ally.

By the time tomorrow came, I was a mess. I invited Vicky over that way if she got pissed she can just leave and I could cry alone in my room with my Ben and Jerry's. I heard Vicky's car pull up the driveway and I sat in my room waiting for her to come up here. My legs were literally jelly. She skipped merrily into my room and engulfed me in a hug.

"Lori!"

"Vicky!"

"Are you okay?" she asked pulling away from her crushing hug realizing what a mess I was.

"Yeah, I just need to tell you something," I was going to treat this like a bandage. Quick and painful.

"Yes I know, you said that over the phone," she raised a perfectly plucked brow.

Here goes nothing.

Her eyes connected to my wall of photographs.

"Wow! I was so out of it last time to realize these," she walked to the wall. She pointed to a picture I took during our time in Africa. "Hey, that's me!"

"Oh look, that's at Christmas!"

"Oh that's you and Vince..." her voice slowed down as if the wheels were clicking in her head. "Oh my god!"

She gasped loudly.

"Vicky that's what I've been trying to tell you, I-"

"You had your first date! Why didn't you tell me?! I wanted to help you choose your outfit!" she frowned.

"Wait, you're not angry?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Of course not! I could practically feel the sexual tension between you two, it's about time!" she laughed. "Oh my! He almost apologized to me last time! That was you wasn't it?!"

"He apologized?" I almost gasped. He really was a changed man. I repeated my question again to make sure I heard correctly. "So you're not angry?"

"Almost apologized, and I'm mad it took you this long to tell me! Come on, I want details! How'd this happen? When? Wait he took my Hybrid for your date didn't he?" she asked question after question.

I answered each one as her eyes twinkled with happiness and admiration.

"I wish someone would look at me the way Vince looks at you," she sighed laying back on the bed.

"Are you kidding? Everywhere you go, every guy and girl checks you out," I pointed out. It was those damn Westwood genes. She had that Westwood aura that demanded attention.

"Yeah, lust and love are two different things," she pointed out.

"I can name one person who looks at you like that," I said with a teasing smile.

Noticing my expression, Vicky's face mirrored horror. "No, don't go there."

"The Ryanator, the cutie with the bootie, international sensation-"

"Okay stop stop! Don't bring up the butt story ever again," she moaned, covered her face with her hands.

"Sorry, sorry," I laughed at her misery.