"Awe how cute, for some reason I thought yall were just friends."

"Nah we been kickin' it for some months now."

"That's good Tiana seems like a sweet girl. She's laid back too, you need someone like that."

"Yeah, that's what I'm trynna make happen."

"What do you mean?"

"I wanna take it to the next step. I'm really feelin' her and I want her to be my girl but what if she says no. I don't even know what to say to her." I scratched the back of my head after expressing my thoughts.

"Awe Owen you really like her?" She made a pouty face teasing me.

"Enough with the soft shit but yeah I do." I chuckled.

Faith looked at me for a while before sitting up smiling.

"You should just keep it simple and tell her how you feel when it's just the two of you. If it seems like she's on the same page, just ask."

"What if she's not on the same page?"

"Well it'll just be you two so nobody will witness your loss." She shrugged.

"Faith"

"Relax Owen she's not going to hurt your feelings." She laughed.

"I'm not worried about all that. I just don't wanna put myself out there and the shit don't work out."

"Maybe it's time to start taking risks, after all, you're about to be twenty-seven next year. You gettin' old man."

"Stop sayin' that shit. Sixty does it enough." I got up to get a bottle of water.

"Well, it's true." She followed me into the kitchen as I opened the fridge.

"Damn I've never seen your fridge this full." She said looking inside.

"Tiana keeps making me buy groceries."

She gave me a look wiggling her eyebrows.

"Don't"

"Is that all your sensitive ass wanted to talk about? I got things to do today."

"Yeah and I'm not sensitive," I said sipping from my water bottle.

"Yes, you are nigga you're a Cancer."

"I gotta go though. Remember, just do what I said and you'll be good."

She walked towards the front door with her purse on her shoulder after giving me another hug for reassurance.

"Preciate it Faith."

"Mhm"

I stood in the kitchen sipping on my water as the front door closed.

    After taking a short shower and throwing on a fresh outfit I headed out to Tia and Ally's place. I dialed Tiana's number while stopping at a red light, she picked up on the second ring.