Chapter 23

"Blaine, I have to talk to you." Kurt pulled him aside the minute he found him.

"What is it?" Blaine asked, worried.

"I have to leave."

His eyes got wide. "You what?"

Kurt looked apologetic. "They need me back in New York immediately. I've been gone too long."

"Kurt, wait!" Blaine caught him in the airport before he could board his plane.

"I have to go, I can't miss my flight."

"Take this." Blaine pressed an envelope into his hand as Kurt got swept away by the crowd.

Kurt was leaning against the window, looking down at Ohio. He'd left Blaine down there. He had been gone so long that three of the people he worked with were convinced he was dead.

He looked at the envelope Blaine had given him, slightly wrinkled by the chaos. It didn't say anything, so he opened it.

He pulled out a bracelet and a folded sheet of paper. The bracelet was simple, but beautiful.

He unfolded the paper, seeing it was a handwritten note.

Kurt—
I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo, but we can still match bracelets, right? I know, it makes me sound like a teenage girl, but I learned to make "friendship" bracelets a while ago.
I say "friendship" because yes, we are friends, but there's something I've been wanting to tell you. I just couldn't let you leave without ever saying it. And I know I could ruin everything, but I think you might feel the same.
I'm falling in love with you.

His heart started beating harder as he read it over and over again. It wasn't a question– he was sure about it. Blaine was falling in love with him.

He gently pressed a kiss to the note, putting it safely back into the envelope and tying the bracelet around his wrist.

I'm falling in love with you too, Blaine.