Chapter 40: Playful maturity

Start from the beginning

I really thought we could be something again after those three years. But.. I am wrong. And it hurts seeing her happy with someone else. It's my fault tho. Everything is.

Then I heard the door opened. I wiped my tears again and try my best to sleep. I just heard her giggled again and laid beside Sunwoo on the other side of the bed. I've felt some motions and a kiss on my head. Then a sigh before everything went silent again.

•••••

Early in the morning, we woke up. I helped Sunwoo with his bath and joined him. Then after us, Lisa went inside the bathroom.

"Sunwoo-yah.. mommy will just prepare, okay.. wait for me." I told him after I put on his clothes and shoes. He just nodded.

Aigooo.. my innocent boy.

"Mommy.. where are we going?"

"Hm? We're going to a new house, baby.. you'll like it there."

"Mommy.. I want to play with Sooyeon noona."

"Really?"

He nodded and he looked so excited. I can't help but smile.

"I'll tell her later, okay.."

"Mommy.."

"Yes, baby?"

"Why were you crying last night?"

I looked at him and I don't know what to say. I don't know what I did to him that he's growing up to be like this. So kind and smart. How did he even knew about last night? Aigoo..

"I wasn't. Who told you that?"

"But I heard it."

"No.. you're just dreaming, baby."

"It was a bad dream, mommy."

I approached him again after I finished. I leveled myself and looked at him. I smiled and caressed his cheeks.

"I know.. don't worry. You won't be having those bad dreams again, baby.."

He nodded and hugged me. Aigooo.. he's really a sweet young man.

"Haish! That was cold! What happened to that girl's heater? Aigooo.."

Lisa rants while going out of the bathroom.

"It was cold? I'm pretty sure the heater was fine before we went out."

"You turned it off, didn't you?"

Oh.

"Uhm.. yeah.. haha! Sorry. But I didn't know you won't notice that."

"I did." she said and dried her hair.

"Hey.. by the way, Anda unnie said that we will go to the new safe house first before going to the new safe house. She said, she wanted to find something to help us with the Bulgarians." she said again.

"Mhm.. okay."

"Is everything fine?"

"Yeah.. we're ready."

"Okay. I'll just finish here."

"We'll wait outside."

She just nodded. I carried our bags and went out of the room.

Yeah. I haven't talked to her yet about last night. I don't know what to say or ask. I'm scared of what her answers would be. I don't think I would be able to handle it if I knew that.. if I knew that.. I lost her already.

That hurts.

•••••

Third Person's POV