Chapter 39: Ambush

Third Person's POV

While they were chatting, Lisa's phone suddenly rings. Jennie stopped and looked above. She looked at Lisa.

"You hear that?" she asks. Lisa stopped before answering her phone and looked up too.

"Yeah.." she mumbles and answered the call.

"Unnie?"

"You have to go back here right now. Our censors detected two drones hovering over us."

Lisa looked at Jennie and grabbed her wrist then started walking.

"We're going back. I'm with Jennie."

"Shit! Catnip, quick!"

"Why? Unnie?"

Then they heard an explosion. Jennie looked at Lisa and so is the other. Then they ran fast.

"One drone and an air strike! Hurry! Shit!"

"Shit!"

Lisa dropped the call and ran faster. Then another explosion.

"Shit! Sunwoo." Jennie panicly muttered while running.

They stopped when they saw their safe house is burning. They saw the girls running outside with their guns, meeting them half way.

"Unnie?! Where's Sooyeon?! Sunwoo? Where is my son?!" Lisa yelled when they meet the girls.

"Anda unnie is still there! Sooyeon and Sunwoo are still inside!"

"Oh my ghad!" Jennie mutters and ran. But Lisa grabbed her arm and pulled her back then she's the one who ran inside.

"Shit! I'm not gonna let her do this alone." Jennie scowled. The girls was about to stop her but she glared at them. They stopped and just watched Jennie ran back inside.

"Unnie?! FFS!" Lisa yelled.

"Jen! Lisa! Here!"

"What?!" Lisa turned to her back and saw Jennie.

She lets it pass and ran upstairs. The flame is slowly eating the whole place. Lisa saw Anda with Sooyeon.

"Unnie! My son?! Ghad! Sooyeon-ah!" Lisa scowled and caressed Sooyeon's head.

"The ceiling collapsed! I can't get through to your room!"

"Shit! Please secure Sooyeon outside, unnie. We got this!" Jennie yelled.

Anda nodded and carries Sooyeon with her. She turned back again and looked at the two anxiously. Then she heard Sooyeon's whimpers.

"Shit! You'll meet us outside! All of three of you! Alive!" Anda yelled and then quickly ran downstairs.

Another explosion.

"AH!"

Jennie looked at Lisa when she screams in pain and checked her hands.

"Lis! That's a steel!"

"I don't care! My son is inside! AH!"

Lisa screams in pain but she ignores it. Her mind is telling her to lift the burning steels and woods just to get through to get her son.

"Ahh! Shit!" She winced and threw everything.

Jennie looked at her more anxious than earlier. Seeing how burned her hands are. Then they ran to her room. Lisa grabbed the knob.

"AHH! FUCK!"

Lisa screams again and withdrew her hand from the burning doorknob. Smokes are covering the place already. Both of them coughed. Jennie kicked the door hard and it broke down.