Chapter 18: Book and Letter

LISA's POV

Tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, I'll be leaving. I'm sitting on the couch, beside me is Jennie, about to clean my wound. She's so focused. Then I held her hand.

"Can I try it? I want to clean my wound on my own."

Because in the next few days, I'll be doing it on my own.

"Just let me do it." she said.

"It's my body, I want to try. Guide me."

I held the tong and she just looked at me. I smiled at her but she's serious. She remained silent and slowly removed the gauzes.

"It's almost healed though."

"Yeah.."

I sat comfortably and picked one cotton with alcohol on it. I slowly rub it around the stitches and on the wound part. I gasped when I feel it.

"Does it hurt?" she asks and caressed my side softly.

"No.. it's fine. Kinda stings but it's fine."

After the alcohol, I picked one of the cottons with betadine. Then I rub it again on my wound. It feels cold as always. Few moments after, she helps me with the gauzes and I insisted on putting it on my own again. She just let me.

"Okay. All done. Wasn't that hard though. I can do it on my own."

"Okay. Do you want to eat?"

"I'll just go downstairs later. I want to sleep." I replied as I fix my shirt.

"Why are you spending a lot of times here in your room.. it's so not you, Catnip."

I just chuckled. Because I'm writing you a letter and I don't want any of you to see it, not until I'm gone. And I can feel how much you really like seeing me around.. sarcastically speaking.

"I just want to rest.. that's all. I don't feel like moving so much." And I lied.

"Do you want me to stay here with you?"

I looked at her. She arched her brows at me but she's serious.

"No.. uhm.. you really don't have to. I'm fine. Just.. you go down and have fun with the other girls. I heard you will be playing war game?"

"Yeah.. Monkey and Python unnie insisted on it."

"Mhm.. have fun. I'm fine here."

"Are you sure? Sad.. you can't join us."

I just chuckled again.

"Yeah.. I'd really want to join. But I know Anda unnie won't allow me."

"I noticed Anda unnie is so quiet these past few days. Is something wrong with her?"

"I d-don't know. She looks fine to me though."

"One time.. I wanted to talk to her about something and went to her office but I didn't have the chance because I heard her crying. It feels like something is really bothering her."

"I uhh.. I w-want to rest.. if you don't mind."

"Yeah.. sure. Let me help you." she held my wrist but I just smiled and removed her hand.

"I can do it. I'm fine. The girls might be waiting for you already." I said as I laid on the bed.

She remained silent as she wears her jacket and took out her airsoft gun. She was about to go out but I called her.

"Jen.."

"Hm?"

"Can I cuddle with you tonight.. when we sleep?"