Chapter 38: Pendant

Third Person's POV

"Mommy.." Sunwoo calls Jennie when he saw Lisa opened the door of the shotgun seat. Lisa turned to him.

"You want to sit in front? It's okay. I'll take the back." Lisa said and immediately opened the back door.

"Lis, he's three. Sitting in front isn't allowed." Jennie said and fixes Sunwoo's seat in the back.

"He insisted few times the moment he learned speaking but.. I've never allowed him." she added.

Lisa is just watching her. Jennie exhales and turned to her after securing Sunwoo's belt in the back seat. She gulped and averted her gaze from Lisa's eyes.

"You want to drive?" she asks and bent her head.

"I don't know where we're going.. and— Busy Bee Café."

"I uhh.. you should probably drive." Lisa mumbled and forced a smile.

Jennie pressed her lips and nodded. She unconsciously gripped the keys tight and walked to the driver's seat. Lisa stared at her but then gets inside the car.

•••••

Lisa opened the door and Jennie and Sunwoo went inside. Jennie roamed her eyes and then heard Sunwoo.

"Appa!"

"Sunwoo-yah!"

Jennie glanced at Lisa and the girl just looked at her. Then they followed Sunwoo to a table.

"Noona.."

"Jungkook.. Taehyung.."

Jennie hugged them both and smiled after. She looked at Taehyung when she noticed his eyes landed on Lisa.

"Uhm.. this is Lisa. Lisa, this is Taehyung and Jungkook. They're my friends."

Taehyung reached for a handshake. Lisa accepted it.

"Did she tell you I was her ex-fiancé?" Taehyung teased. Jennie knitted her brows to the guy.

Lisa just stared at him coldly. Taehyung looked down at their hands and he immediately pulled his. He gulped and glanced at Jennie before gazing at Lisa again.

"I'm Jungkook.. nice meeting you finally, Lisa." Jungkook then shook her hand too.

"Have a seat, you two. Yo, Sunwoo-yah.. what do you like?" Taehyung asks as he pulled the small chair for Sunwoo to sit.

"My favorite, Appa!" Sunwoo excitedly replied.

"Sunwoo-yah.. what did I always tell you?"

"Hey.. don't pressure him. It's fine.." Taehyung motions his hand to Jennie. The girl looked at him while shrugging. She just turned to Lisa and asks her what she likes. Then the girl pointed at one.

"Appa, I played with the toy truck last night. And the plane ... "

Lisa keeps on glancing at Sunwoo. The boy looks really cheerful. She watched him giggles with the two strangers in front of her. How the boy tells them what he did last night.

She bent her head slowly. She feels some kind of envy or jealousy. Her son was with them for a long time. He doesn't even know who Lisa is in his life. He's a kid, so innocent. Looking at the guys in front of them, she doubts if she could ever give her son a life like that.

Then their foods started to arrived.

"Oh? Two of this steak? Jen?" Taehyung glanced at her.

Jennie shook her head and pointed at Lisa.