Better watch out

Trigger warning: mentions of self-harm

The next day at school

Seungmin trudged through the empty school halls as he had come earlier than others only because he wanted to avoid beatings in the morning.

He had bandaged up his arms since he knew he couldn't risk getting them infected. He went up to the rooftop as he knew that only some students went up there.

His usual hideout at the library was now compromised since Jeongin was the librarian and he didn't know how to approach him after avoiding him.

He avoided all of his friends because he feared that Younghee would hurt them too. Better him than his friends.

He was shaken out from his thoughts by the sound of footsteps coming up to the rooftop. He feared that one of his bullies had found his hiding spot. He braced himself to be beaten up by his bullies.

But the person who came up to the rooftop was not one of his bullies.

It was Hyunjin.

I need to leave. I'd rather face my bullies.

Seungmin made a move to leave the rooftop but Hyunjin grabbed onto his arms which made him hiss in pain.

Hyunjin let go of his hand because of the look of pain that flashed through Seungmin's face.

Seungmin took this moment to run down the stairs. He needed to get away. As far away as possible from Hyunjin. He couldn't risk Hyunjin getting hurt because of him again.

Hyunjin felt hurt that Seungmin was avoiding him at all costs. And the way Seungmin reacted when he grabbed his arms.

Did he hurt his arm? Don't tell me his bullies are hurting him worse than before. I need to fix this soon.

Seungmin ran to his classroom and sat down at his seat. As always, his desk had been scribbled with the same harsh words.

Why don't you just go and die?

Piece of crap

Ugly sh*t

You should die

Kill yourself already.

Seungmin didn't bother to wipe them off anymore. There would always be new scribbles the next day anyway.

Seungmin felt the sudden urge to cut but he knew he couldn't do it here. He didn't even have a blade with him.

He ran to the bathroom and looked around. No one seems to have arrived at the school just yet.

He quickly pulled up his shirt sleeves and softly took off his bandages. His cuts from the night before were still fresh. He started scratching his arms making blood ooze out. He felt relieved when he felt the pain. He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not hear someone else entering the bathroom.

"Kim Seungmin what are you doing to yourself!?" The familiar voice rang throughout the bathroom.

It was Bang Chan.

"Chan-hyung I..." Seungmin started panicking. He didn't know what to do since Chan saw him.

"Minnie how could you do that to yourself!?" Chan was on the verge of crying.

"Chan-hyung, I'm fine...it's nothing to be worried about!!!" Seungmin says frantically washing off the blood and wiping his wounds with his handkerchief.

"Nothing!? You're hurting yourself!!" Chan says feeling hurt that one of his younger friends was physically hurting himself.

"Chan-hyung... please don't tell anyone.. please I beg you" Seungmin begs wrapping his wounds with the bandages he had untied.