Chapter 21 - Gratitude Equals Honor

Start from the beginning

"Recon Team One, this is Recon Team Three. Be advised: We spotted unknown individuals currently going in your direction in a hurry. They are approximately ten of them running toward your location. How copy?" whispered an OSCARS Operator on the radio.

As soon as Isabella and her operators hear this report, they stop their work and quickly take cover behind the trees and bushes.

"Roger. They are probably the same people who shot those poisoned arrows at the minotaur. Recon Team One, standby and take cover." Isabella ordered her group. They then wait behind the trees and bushes surrounding the dead minotaur when after a couple of minutes, sure enough, the same group of people reported by Recon Team 3 arrives at the dead minotaur. The armed people are panting heavily as they brandish their weapons, ready to attack the minotaur. Unbeknownst to them, the minotaur is now dead. One of them noticed this and orders the rest of his comrades to slowly approach the minotaur.

"Hey! It looks like our poisoned arrows worked on that bastard!" one of them whispered.

"But, take a look. Its blood is flowing out of his body. Why is that? Our poisoned arrows should make its blood go into a solid state." an archer asked in curiosity. Due to this, they carefully approach the dead minotaur, stepping along its pool of green blood on the ground. As they get close, they discover the gaping traumas on its throat and head. They gasp in surprise and wonder who and what might've caused this.

"WHA-! It looks like some sort of cannon pierced through his head!" one of them gasped.

"I-It seems like it! Do you think that those faint explosions from earlier caused this?" a bulky man named Velka with a large claymore asked.

"I don't know. But, whatever and whoever might've caused this, it is sure that it helped us." the man in the front with long blonde hair brandishing a longsword, kneeled to inspect the dead minotaur. He then clinched his fists and teeth with anger.

"If...if only we can do this.....instead of just chasing them away...they still kept coming back...."

All of his men behind him frown, also understanding their situation.

"C-Chieftain, it's alright. We should go back now. We haven't come back to our village in the past two hours chasing this minotaur." another one of them plead to their Chieftain. But then, a sudden shout resonates behind them in the forest.

"CHIEFTAIN! CHIEFTAIN!"

The Chieftain and his men look behind them and see a panting young man tainted in red and green blood.

"A-ARE YOU THE ALVEK'S SON? WHAT HAPPENED?!" the Chieftain shouted. The young man stops as he approaches them, panting and gathering his breath along the way.

"CH-CHIEFTAIN! O-OUR VILLAGE IS OVERRUN BY OGRES AND GOBLINS! THE GUARDS THERE ARE ALL WIPED OUT!" the young man shouted. This sudden news greatly shocks the Chieftain and his men.

"FUCK! LET US GO IN HASTE! VELKA, CARRY THE YOUNG MAN ON YOUR SHOULDER!"

Velka, with his big and muscular build, carries the tired young man onto his shoulders as he, together with the Chieftain with his men, runs in haste back towards their village, leaving the dead minotaur.

...

A minute passed by, two operators under Isabella slowly emerge from the bushes with their suppressed SOPMODS on the low-ready. They make their way to the dead minotaur site to endure that no one is there.

"All clear."

"Clear here."

"Site is secured, ma'am."