Chapter 24 - Goodbye

Start from the beginning

“And where are you going little missy?” It was Harry. His grip loosens as I stop and look at him. “I have to tell him.” Is all I said before pushing his hand away and continued to run. When the house looks like a faraway dot, I grab my phone from my pocket. I used this opportunity to slow down to a stop to catch my breath while I search for his contact. I press the call button and it rang.

Ring

Ring

Ring

And on the fourth ring he picked up. “Emerald?”

“Gavin.” I say breathlessly. “You sound like you ran a marathon, are you okay?” I could hear shuffling from the other side of the line. “Yeah, but do you think you can meet up with me. Just real quick.” I plead silently that he says yes, after all this may be the last time I would be seeing him.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. My eyes water but I quickly blink it away not wanting to look weak even though no one is around me.

“Um yeah sure. By the big rock?” I confirm the place knowing that it’s not very far from where I am. I hang up before saying goodbye.

This time I’m walking very slowly, going over the words that I have to say.

--

Harry’s POV

I watch Emerald’ silhouette grow smaller and smaller until she disappeared from my sight.

I sigh, shaking my head before closing the door. “Where’d she dash off to?” Liam asks me with hands full of dirty laundry. “To that boy. Probably to say goodbye.” I chuckle.

“Young people.” He laughs before disappearing to his room. I pick up the dirty shirt that was lying on the coffee table, deciding that I should probably start packing.

“Harry?” My head turned to Maya who was standing at the doorway leading to the kitchen. “Yeah?” “Um well where’d she go? And should I pack her bags for her?” She asks. “Yeah. I think you should.”

She simply nods before walking to Emerald’s room.

When I know she is out of ear shot, I quickly groan, slumping down the couch. “Too damn awkward.” I mutter. Remembering what happened this afternoon, my whole face turns a velvet colour.

I already expected to explain to the girls what happened to Emerald that afternoon and the boys were ‘supporting’ behind me. It was Maya’s reaction that surprised me the most though. I knew that Perrie, Eleanor and Danielle were going to slap me on the head (which they did) but I didn’t expect Maya to look so depressed about the part of me sleeping with another girl. She didn’t talk and only gave small smiles as we all walked around.

“Harry, you just fucked up.” I mutter to myself as I stand up ready to pack now.

--

Emerald’s POV

It was quiet for only a moment but it felt like ages. I was looking at my feet that were currently buried over a heap of sand I managed to make while explaining my situation. Gavin on the other hand was sitting on the rock looking at me. I know that because I could feel his gaze on me.

“We’ll still keep in touch though, right?” He says. I quickly averted my eyes to him, giving him a grin. “Of course you idiot.” I say. “Okay good. This is such a bummer though. I wanted to give you something tomorrow but I guess I have to give it now. You did say that you had to pack for tonight right?”