Part 10

First of all, before I even begin this chapter I just want to give a BIG thank you to everyone who has read my story so far ❤❤❤❤. I appreciate you guys loads.
Please continue to quarantine and keep safe guys. *Virtual hugs for everybody 🤗*.

Part 10

The only person who can break you is YOU, when you stop loving YOU. As long as you don't stop loving yourself, you can never be broken~Unknown.

Cherish awoke to the smell of something delicious cooking up in the kitchen. L'Duka was an amazing cook. He could make any meal tasty, even the blandest dishes. She looked forward to sinking her teeth into what she knew would be a mouthwatering meal.

Stifling a yawn she rolled over in her bed. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and made her way to the bathroom. Another five minutes and she was trodding down to the kitchen.

"Babe?"she called,"that smells yummy."

She picked up one of Amoura's stray dolls and flung it on the couch. She seriously needed to teach that girl to pack up after herself.

The smile vanished from her face when she walked into the kitchen and didn't see L'Duka. She held back a sob. No. No way was this happening again. No way could he disappear on her and the girls again. No freaking way.

Pissed, she flung one of the plate of food that he had prepared and left, against the kitchen wall. The plate erupted into a million pieces. To satisfy her anger she picked up another dish and watched as it too exploded against the wall. She had broken the only promise that she had ever made to herself. She allowed him back into her life and he played her like the idiot she was. How could she trust him?!

And the girls? Oh my gosh. She couldn't bear to see the disapproving look on Amoura's face. She didn't want her daughter crying over a useless piece of man. What kind of man would break a vow that he had promised his six year old just yesterday? He was a monster. He was even more deadlier than her mother.

She was supposed to be moving forward, not backwards. Once more she was left to console and wipe away her daughter's tears. Once again she was forced to answer her daughter's endless questions about her joke of a father. It was all too much.

Cherish screamed and smashed plate after plate. She could deal with the heartbreak, but not her angels. They didn't deserve this. And as much as how she only wanted to blame L'Duka for this, she knew she should shoulder a portion of the blame as well. If only she had been strong enough and turned him away. If only she had shown him that she was no longer the weak cookie that he had left so long ago. But like the hopeless romantic she was she allowed him access to her life again. And once more he completely destroyed her.

He destroyed her and left her to pick up the pieces. Yet again.

**************

She was crying openly and freely into the arms of another man. She didn't care. She felt so lost. The last time she felt like this was two and a half years ago. She didn't feel like the bad bitch she knew she could transform into. She knew lying to the girls' wouldn't make the situation any better and she fully planned to tell them the truth when they were older but for now she just wanted to pretend as if he were dead.

She hoped he had died for all she cared. Stupid scumbag. And gullible, silly her for swallowing the pills of lies he had fed to her. When would she ever learn?

Brad rubbed her back and ran a hand through 24 inches of silky burgundy Brazilian curls. Cherish sniffled. She took in a shaky breath and exhaled. "I'm so sorry,"her voice wobbled,"Ever since mom died I swear the tears just come out of nowhere,"she lied.