Part 6

2 weeks later

"Cherish?"

"Yes, this is her."

"Oh,um.. How are you? It's Brad by the way."
Brad was her mother's closest neighbor, she remembered vaguely.

"I'm good Brad,"She answered wearily,"What's up?"

She heard him release a long breath,"it's your mom."

Her eyebrows rose up at that. Oh?

Then automatically she switched into the role of the caring only child. After all, how could she have lived with her mother and not pick up a trick or two?

She forced her voice to sound frail and wobbly. "Is she okay?"she cautiously asked.

Another long sigh and Brad let out,"um about that. She actually passed this morning. She suffered a stroke and she died on the way to the hospital. I really wish I didn't have to tell you this over the phone."

Um, okay?

Cherish didn't know how to feel about that. She and her mom were never close. Her mom was such a huge pretender in the public's eyes- she was deemed a saviour since she had rescued so many fallen souls. But the one soul that she should have probably molded and saved was the soul that rotted. Her mom hated her and took great pleasure of making a fool and mockery out of her. Her charm was like a light bulb. She would flick on the nice doting mother switch whenever they were out in public. Her mother was a seasoned actress who had everyone under her spell.

Cherish relinquished the words,"oh I wish I had your mom," that were muttered by so many young silly girls who thought love was only having nice things.

Cherish snapped out of her reverie when she heard Brad's concerned voice. "Thanks for letting me know," Cherish heard herself saying,"I'll visit as soon as I possibly can. Take care."

************

Drained Cherish made her way to her car. The parking lot was almost empty, since it was a little pass 7 o clock. Juggling a box of goodies for her girls in one hand, Cherish moved to open her car door when a dark figure scared the pants off of her.

She heard his voice before she even saw him. It was Stone.

She rolled her eyes and gave him the box since he was practically grabbing it from out of her hands.

"We need to talk," he said in a no nonsense kind of tone. Cherish released a big huff. "Stone, I'm tired, please leave me alone."

Roughly, Stone flung her around and wrapped her up in his arms. He had moments ago discarded the box in the back seat of her car.

"I miss you," he admitted, "and I know you're only pretending to like Richard to get back at me." Cherish grinned sheepishly at that last part.

Stone tilted her head up, his breathing became uneven and he swallowed her lips with one swift move. The kiss let Cherish know exactly how he felt, just how much he valued her.
Scared, she pulled back. "I-" She cleared her throat. "Stone, I need to leave."

"Spend the night with me." His eyes pleaded with her even though he wasn't asking a question. "You know I can't. I have my girls to go home to."

He pouted. "Fine take me home with you. I promise I won't let the girls see me since I know you're not too keen on my meeting them." Cherish pursed her lips. "Please," he begged, sensing a no. Her shoulders dropped. "Fine just don't let the girls see you."

He kissed the top of her head. "Thank you."

***********

Before she could even open the door properly she was barreled over by Amoura and Belle. She chuckled and gave both of them a huge hug. "Lyn made pizza mom," Amoura piped up.

"That's good sweetie."

Cherish made her way to the kitchen and saw Lyn doing the dishes. She said hello to the girl and they talked for a little while before Lyn excused herself saying she had to go home to study. Cherish paid her before she left.

The girls' took a bath and in the process told their mom all about their day. Afterwards Cherish tucked them into bed and read them the classical story of Cinderella. She brushed a stray lock of hair out of Amoura's hazel eyes. "I love you, Ami," she whispered kissing her first born's head. Amoura let out a sleepy sigh. She moved over to her last born who was already snoring. She sounded so cute. "I love you, Belle."

Cherish switched off the lights and turned on the girls' princess shaped night light. She left the door slightly ajar and wadded down to her bedroom.

"You're an amazing mom," Stone complimented when he saw her. She gave him a tired smile. "Thank you," she replied, "they deserve the best."

Stone scooped her up in his strong arms. "Let's get you cleaned up beautiful." He carried Cherish to the bathroom adjacent to her room. And for once in such a long time, Cherish allowed herself to be babied and pampered. Stone was so sweet and so gentle. She felt relaxed almost immediately. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling.

Cherish wasn't aware that Stone had carried her back to her bedroom until her head touched the pillow. Her eyes fluttered open. Stone caressed her face ever so softly. He gazed into her eyes, completely lost. He traced a finger and outlined the shape of her mouth. Without thinking Cherish took it into her mouth. That same wet finger travelled down to her perky breasts and turned her nipple into a tight nub. Cherish took in a short breath at the sudden sensation.

"Say yes," Stone breathed out. He kissed her slowly and their tongues danced to an unknown tune. His hands cupped the back of her head bringing her deeper into the kiss. Her nipples rubbing against his bare chest turned her on even more.

The kiss seemed to go on forever and ever. Cherish drank from his mouth as if she was drinking a cup of her favorite juice. Fingers intertwined, lips locked, Cherish didn't want for this night to end.
She knew she couldn't give Stone what he wanted so she planned to make the most out of this night.