Part 5

Cherish was at home cleaning when she heard the news. She paused in her dusting to listen more attentively. "Multi-millionaire Dave E. Buckner was just rushed to the Andrew's Memorial Hospital. Eyewitnesses say that the businessman was shopping at the local mall when he collapsed in Fendi. Several attempts were made to resurrect him but he sadly succumbed to his fatalities moments ago. Our sincerest condolences to his family in this their time of grief. The police are currently investigating Mr. Buckner's cause of death," the 4pm reporter finished.

Cherish  flung her head back and let out a seedy laugh. Another successful plan. This was becoming way too easy.

Humming a Nicki Minaj tune under her breath she gaily finished her cleaning. A chore she'd always hated.

Ever since L'Duka had left she knew that she had changed. But she couldn't fathom if it was for the good or the bad; if it had been for better or for worse. She was now bitter and sought revenge on anyone who had ever done her dirty. Sleeplessness and nights spent crying were no stranger to her. Sometimes she felt overwhelmed and more than once she was ready to take her life. But the smiling picture on her night stand of her precious girls always stilled her hands. She loved them to bits and pieces.

She felt trapped and caged in her own life. She refused to open up and let anyone in. Not long ago she had spilled her guts to someone she had complete faith and trust in only for them to take advantage of that and leave her. She couldn't bring herself to go through that again. How selfish and dumb would she be to let someone in on her life and the girls'. It wasn't just about her anymore. She literally put the girls first in every plan before executing them..... Well, all except one plan but that was understandable.

She would never admit it but she was hurt and lonely. Stone and the different men only served as a distraction for oh so long. She craved for the stability that L'Duka had once offered.

Releasing a frustrated sigh. Cherish went to check on her angels. She poked her head in the room and found them sitting on the floor of their playroom playing with their Barbie dolls. Cherish found inexplicable joy in watching them play and reenact various scenes from the cartoons they watched. She felt her love for them grow the more she watched them. They were both walking mirrors of L'Duka. Caramel complexion, dark curly hair, hazel eyes, luscious pink lips; the way they both laughed reminded her so much of him. They favored the man she hated so much. What a sick joke.

The ringing of her cellphone broke the spell she was under. She returned to the living room and answered with a brisk hello. It was Stone. She smiled like a dummy when she heard his voice. Despite the fact that he was younger than her Stone was really proving to her that he was serious and ready to be in a committed relationship with her and the girls. But it was all too much. That was why she had suggested for them to have a casual-no-strings attached relationship.

She really didn't want to tie Stone down with an already readymade family and besides she was too hurt to even entertain the mere thought of a relationship right now. Stone deserved way better anyways.

The call ended with her promising to be at Stone's apartment in an hour. She rarely invited people into her home. She didn't want the girls' to be exposed to certain things, she wanted to keep their young naive-like innocence for as long as she could. And to her, her home was like a sanctuary and the girls her goddesses. She giggled at that thought.

Instead of having the girls cooped up in the house for the rest of the afternoon she decided to give Lyn extra money to take them to the new amusement park in town. She got them ready and dolled up and saw that they were off before she went over to Stone's apartment.

Even though Stone was only 23, he had a lot of charisma and ambition that made him outshine the men in Precious' age group. He seemed responsible and he was definitely a go-getter. The first time they met, of course they had had sex; but something else had drawn and gotten Cherish hooked to the young man. The sex was off the chains amazing, but it was more than just that. He was alluring. And he wanted her. That in itself was a huge turn on for her. She wasn't used to men wanting her and the fact that Stone was so young and so hot made it all the more juicer.

Imagine her surprise when she opened up the door to Stone's apartment with the keys he'd given her, to see a romantic candlelit dinner in one side of his home and rose petals scattered everywhere. And mark you today wasn't even her birthday or any special day, today was just a regular ass day. Stone was always this extra.

She squealed in delight and sought out Stone's grey eyes. Without thinking she leapt into his strong arms and gave him a big kiss. "Thank you," she whispered. Stone smiled his signature lazy smile. He returned her fevered kisses and ran his hands all over her smooth rich chocolate skin. He nibbled her ear and dragged his tongue all along the length of her neck. "You smell delicious,"he mumbled before recapturing her mouth.

Stone wrapped Precious' legs around his waist and carried her to his bedroom. He set her down on the bed and kissed her shoulder. He gazed into her uncertain big liquid brown eyes. "Cherish give me a chance," he all but pleaded,"let me love you and the girls. I swear I've never felt this way about anyone." He sealed what he'd just said with a soft, sugary sweet kiss. He kissed her cheeks and then her nose. "Cherish, I love you. I can't help how I feel about you."

Tears ran down Cherish's cheeks. "Stone," she croaked out,"you can't. Remember what we promised."

Anger built up in Stone's still grey eyes. "Fuck what I promised!"he almost shouted," I was dumb to agree with that anyways. Cherish I want you. Do you understand that? I'm not asking you to marry me. Just trust me and let me in here." He tapped where her heart would have been if L'Duka hadn't ripped it out.

Hoisting herself up, Cherish gave Stone just enough time to unzip his pants. Out sprung his massive dick. Erotically Stone's hands molded and teased her breasts while his perfect lips were placing small kisses all along her neckline. Cherish released moan after moan. Positioning herself she took a seat on Stone's dick and felt when he did a sharp intake.

Coming to her senses Cherish pushed Stone off of her and wrapped her body up in his sheets. Suddenly she felt so cold. She shook her head. "I'll ruin you, Stone. You can't want me." Easily Stone overpowered her and snatched the sheets from her hands. In between kisses he whispered," I do. Let me show you just how much. One chance," he whispered into her ear.

Cherish closed her eyes and tried to think how much different her life would be with Stone involved. But she couldn't say yes, Stone was asking too much of her. How could he want someone as flawed and as ugly as her. He could get any girl he wanted. Why her?

Mustering all of her strength Cherish pushed Stone off of her. She jumped off the bed and quickly went to find her way outside of his bedroom. She looked up and gazed into his sad eyes. "Stone this ends here. I don't want a relationship. And you broke the only rule I had implemented for us: we mustn't fall in love."

Stone was baffled. "Wow,"he breathed,"you make it sound like such a bad thing. I can't help who I love you know."

Cherish was now making her way to his front door. "Yes, I know,"she replied coolly,"But I can help you to fall out of love with me. So this ends here. No more sex, no more phone calls. Pretend as if I'm dead."

Stone ran a hand through his black hair. He gave her a sad smile. "I'm no quitter, Cherish. You of all persons should know that. I won't stop pursuing you until your mine."

Cherish rolled her eyes at his cheesy words. "Baby boy I'll easily make you hate me. Tread carefully."

She blew him a kiss, fished his keys out of her purse and threw them at him. "As I said, pretend as if I died." She blew him another kiss and walked out of his apartment triumphantly even though she was feeling anything but that on the inside.

On her way home, she broke down.