"It doesn't matter. They are both liars and deceivers!" She jumped up from the sofa and paced nervously back and forth. "And my mother had once covered her husband's wrongdoing, and now she's changing sides!" She shouted furiously. "She's not a bit better. It's all lies!" Her hands had involuntarily clenched into fists. "My whole life is a lie! There is no one I can trust!" Tears of rage and despair welled in her eyes.

"You can trust me." Emily also jumped up and took a step towards Charlotte.

"Can I really?" She eyed Emily suspiciously. "You know, at that time on Rebun Island, Ava told me that your father had been murdered," she began, not letting Emily out of her eyes. "But you told Daniel that your parents had died in a traffic accident. Was it a lie?"

Emily felt her mouth becoming dry. It was time to tell her the truth. She took a deep breath and then reached for Charlotte's hands. "I... thought he'd been murdered," she began. "But as it turned out, he still lives." She cleared her throat and then raised her head to look at Charlotte. "I'm Amanda," she confessed. "David Clarke is also my father." She forced herself to a smile. "We are sisters, Charlotte."

"No!" Horrified, Charlotte snatched her hands away and backed off. "You're lying!"

"I'm not lying." Determined, Emily took another step towards her, but defensively raised her hands as she noticed Charlotte's frightened look. "I've lied all these years," she said urgently. "But now I don't lie anymore. After regaining my memory, I decided to start a new life. I wanted to be free of lies and intrigues. I wanted to be part of the Grayson family. I wanted it so much, for Daniel and also for Julian. And of course for you too, my sister."

Charlotte wrapped her arms around her body. "You... you're telling the truth?" She asked unsure.

Emily nodded. "I'm telling the truth. Until a few days ago, I didn't even know that our father was still alive. When he suddenly stood in front of me, it was also a shock for me."

"Did you know what he was up to?"

"I suspected," Emily admitted. "He was talking about that he wanted to get back everything they had stolen from him. When I saw him with your mother, I realized the meaning of his statement."

"He wants to destroy my father," Charlotte stated objectively. "There's no doubt about that."

"And he uses your mother to pursue it."

Charlotte nodded and then looked at her thoughtfully. "Does Daniel know who you really are?"

Emily hastily lowered her head. "No," she admitted quietly. "And he must never know." She raised her head and looked at Charlotte pleadingly. "Promise me not to tell him!" She begged.

"I promise. But why did you tell me?" She looked at her sister, frowning.

"Because I trust you and you are my family," Emily said truthfully. "I wanted to tell you sooner that we are sisters. But it just wasn't the right time. But I think now is the perfect time."

"Perfect... for what?"

"To join forces against David Clarke," Emily replied resolutely. "I know you're pretty angry with your parents right now, but I don't believe you want their lives to be destroyed forever."

Hesitantly, Charlotte shook her head. "No, you're right. I don't want that. And what are we going to do about it?"

"I've already asked Nolan for help," Emily explained to her sister. "He wants to talk to David. We should go to him and offer him our help, too."

Charlotte lifted her arms helplessly and then dropped them. "He's gone," she said softly. "After the dispute with my father, he was ordered to leave. No idea where he is now."

"What did he say before he left?" Emily asked.

Charlotte thought for a moment. "That matters were not finished with my father. It was meant as a threat."

The uneasy feeling that had accompanied her seemed to be confirmed. He really wanted to take revenge on Conrad. And from what Charlotte had just confided to her, he wouldn't stop at nothing to get back what he once had lost. She shoved Charlotte towards the front door. "Go back to the Manor! Not that anyone will get suspicious. I'll try to get in touch with Nolan again. Maybe he has a clue where David could be."

Before Charlotte went, she turned to Emily. "Amanda..." she said thoughtfully. "If you have more time, you have to tell me everything why you came to the Hamptons under a false name."

Emily nodded. "I promise. But now we have to take care of more important things."

Charlotte hesitated for a moment before she moved closer to Emily and hugged her. "I always wanted a sister," she said softly. "I couldn't have asked for a better one." With these words, she left the beach house, leaving Emily in a chaos of emotions behind.