seventeen

Our last night in Russia, I was trying to sleep off all the alcohol I had just consumed when a pounding on the door woke me up.

I threw the blanket off my body and groggily rolled out of bed, my bare feet padding across the floor as I went to open the door. On the other side was Michelle, who looked at me with teary eyes and a runny nose. 

"Can I talk to you?" She asks me. "Jal's already gone asleep."

So had I, but I invite her in and she sits on my bed, staring at the floor.

"What happened, Chelle?" I ask the girl, sitting gently beside her. She doesn't say anything, but her shoulders drop and she begins crying into mine.

"He cheated on me," she sobs into my shoulder. "The fucker cheated on me."

I pull her into a soft embrace, rubbing my hand softly along her back to try and console her. I wasn't very good with crying people and had no idea what to do with them, but I'd try my best.

"With who?" I find myself asking.

For some reason, I think this is a plot against me. Maybe Michelle knew that me and Tony had kissed, and this was her way of getting inside of my room and getting me alone so she could beat me senseless. But instead, she cries out a name that I never would have expected.

"With Maxxie."

"Maxxie?" I repeat in shock.

"Yeah," she sniffs. "And the fucker would've sucked his dick too if Maxxie hadn't of stopped him."

"How'd you know?" I ask. "Did one of them tell you?"

"I was sleeping in Tony's bed, and when I woke up, they were both going at it. I pretended to be asleep, then as soon Tony went to sleep I ran the fuck out of there."

There was absolutely nothing I could say.

"How could he cheat on me?" She cries again. "And how could Maxxie do that to me? We were supposed to mates. Mates aren't supposed to kiss your boyfriend."

I comfort her for the rest of the night and let her use me as her pillow to cry on, but what she doesn't know is that I'm just as guilty as Maxxie. And because of that, i've never felt like such a shit person.

***

The next morning, we're all back on the plane and heading back home. The whole seating arrangement on the flight back had gotten all fucked up, as Anwar and Maxxie had apparently gotten into a huge fight and are no longer talking to each other. So Maxxie sat with Sid, Anwar with Chris, Tony and Michelle, and I sat with Jal.

Jal and I sat behind Michelle and Tony. Michelle had filled Jal in on what happened with Tony and Maxxie, and Jal was obviously not happy, which explained why she was staring at the back of Tony's head with a glare that could kill.

"Tony?" We hear Michelle ask, and Jal and I lean closer to their seats so we could hear the conversation. 

"Yes nips," he says so casually, completely oblivious that she knows about his infidelity.

"Have you got something to tell me?"

"Um, I don't know," he answers. "I like your hair?"

She doesn't say anything.

"No? You're tops nice?"

Still nothing from Michelle.

"I love you?" He questions. "Any of those?"

Michelle shakes her head no, before turning away from her boyfriend and looking out the window with sad eyes.

Sid jumps up from his seat behind Jal and I, holding onto his stomach.

"Hang on. I think I'm about to deliver," he moans, referring to the bag of drugs which he still had yet to shit out.

"Lovely. Just in time for Heathrow security," I say sarcastically.

"Huh?" He asks.

"I hear they're very strict," Tony chimes in. "So you better keep it up there."

Chris is the only one laughing.

***

an; ladies, men, and my non-binary friends. the lack of skins fanfics on this site is offensive. where is the flavor??? i legit want to write another skins fic just because they're so scarce and us skin fanatics need more! but anyway, if you all know any good skins fics can you please suggest them. i don't just like writing them, i love to read them but can never find any that aren't discontinued:'(

-em