forty five

the next morning, seungkwan was awake when he sense someone is staring at him closely that he feels very uncomfortable. when he opened his eyes, he saw hansol staring at him while resting his chin on his bed. "good morning." hansol said in his deep voice making seungkwan"s heart flutters a little.

"oh hi. um...good morning to you too." seungkwan replied awkwardly before running his fingers through his hair. "what are you doing here?" seungkwan added. "lets go to the river." hansol said nonchalantly, not taking his eyes off of seungkwan.

"what time is it? isnt it like too early. it must be cold if we go to the river this early in the morning."

"i dont care. i just...want to have some fun. with you. im feeling very down lately. seungcheol died, jun died, jihoon is gone, and the twins too. i dont know. it messed up my head. it would be very amazing if we can go out peacefully together. please..?"

seungkwan sit straight on his bed before ruffling hansol's hair and smile before saying, "of course cutie."

while jeonghan was preparing breakfast together with jisoo, jisoo hid his novelty when he realize something is strange with the meat that jeonghan slice on the chopping board. "jeonghan, if you dont mind me asking, i would like to know what meat is this. i found it quite chewy when i sliced it."

"oh, its just a normal meat that i bought from a butcher living in this woods nearby. why do you ask? is something wrong? are you allergic to meat or something?"

"no of course not. im just...asking. maybe i should serve them the soup first." jisoo said before picking up the bowl containing the broth of the meat they just boiled to their friends in the living room. as soon as jisoo disappeared, an evil smirk was formed at the corner of jeonghans lips.

its an extraordinary meat jisoo. of course its chewy.

as soon as jisoo placed the bowl on the table, he spotted both seungkwan and hansol was wearing a tshirt and just a short, making him curious when they are heading towards the doorstep. "where are you guys going?" he asked. seungkwan just smile before nudging hansol to answer jisoo's question.

"we are going to the river. if you dont mind us, will you please excuse us for about 2 hours?"

"dude, 2 hours going to the river huh? weird.."

jisoo said before chuckling earning a blush from seungkwan and hansol. "i guess you can go. but be back as soon as the sun rise okay? we dont want you guys turned to a burnt prawn."

"dont worry. we will be back early. just save the steak for us okay?"

as soon as both seungkwan and hansol arrived at the riverbank, hansol immediately jumped in the water, making the water splashed all over seungkwan who is dipping his feet in the river. "hey! its very cold! stop it!!!" seungkwan wailed playfully before spalshing the water back to hansol whose swimming happily. 

"ow come on! its no fun if im the only one here!" hansol, whined with a pout before he swims towards seungkwan and immediately pulled his legs, making seungkwan fall in the water. "you little twink!" seungkwan said before he bit hansol's shoulder earning a hissed from hansol.

"serves you right!"

"youre so mean, oh my god!" 

and in the end both of them just laugh their heart out before hansol's expression changed drastically. "seungkwan, thanks." seungkwan twitched his eyebrows in confusion. "for what?"

"for making me happy. i can gave you anything in returned you know? but when i think about it youve always been there through my ups and downs...so i wanna asked you something. do you have anything that you want from me?"

seungkwan soften his gaze towards hansol before grinning. "there is one thing that i would like you to promise me."

"what is it?"

"promise me that you will never leave me. at all. and we will find the killer no matter what. promise me that the killer will never ever get you. never. not before we expose who is the killer. is it fine?"

hansol just smiled before hugging seungkwan tightly. "i promise."