Chapter 17

"I made it on time! I suppose I'm still safe if you two are here." A familiar spoke out from behind you and Akira. You turned to see the high school detective and tensed up a bit at his presence. "I can't be late today too..." He added. Akira decided to speak for you since you seemed nervous and tense around him.

"Not a morning person?" Akira asked. He placed a gentle hand on your back to try and soothe you while also making sure Akechi didn't notice.

"No, I was up very early, shooting a news show. I have much work in television because of the Phantom Thieves. I have permission from my school, but it's still tough to do both. Ah I can't keep complaining. Well, let's all do our best today. Akira nodded and the three of you parted your ways. You stood next to Akira on the train and he saw your distant and intense gaze. But he seemed to know what you were thinking.

"You're worried about revealing yourself even more now, huh?" He asked you. Breaking you from your thoughts.

"Yeah... Because if he were to somehow happen to know who the Phantom Thieves are and I just so happen to be apart of it, I'd be just as suspicious as you guys are." You whispered so no one around could hear.

"I understand. Again just... Think it through and take your time." He spoke softly. You gave the boy a smile.

"Thanks as always, Akira." You all got off the train and headed to your respectable classes. Unfortunately, it had begun to rain during class and you frowned as you didn't bring an umbrella. You sighed and got up from your seat and packed your things up and was about to leave when Akira caught your attention. "Oh, hey. What's up?" You asked the black haired boy.

"Well Yusuke invited me to see his painting in a museum. I was wondering if you wanted to come with?" Akira asked a little shyly.

"Sure thing. Gotta support my friends, right?" You replied with a smile. "That, and I didn't bring an umbrella so I'm using this as an excuse to borrow you for a bit." Akira chuckled and shook his head.

"Alright, fair play then. Anyway, let's get going." And with that, he lead you out the doors or Sujin and you made sure to keep close to him as he held the umbrella over your heads. Yusuke was waiting for the two of you outside the gates.

"Oh. Hello, Y/n. Are you coming with?" He asked as he walked alongside you two.

"Hi Yusuke. And yeah. I figured I'd support your painting." Yusuke seemed very pleased by your words.

"How very kind of you. I would most certainly like to hear your input on the painting."

"Sure thing." And with that, you all got on the subway to head to the museum. Once you all entered, you all gazed around and finally found Yusuke's painting.

"In addition to the exhibition aspect of this show, there is also an evaluation portion." Yusuke informed as you all stood in front of the painting. You couldn't help but stare at it and contemplate it. Dark paint went around the canvas to create a an almost void like painting. But the red splotches tied it together and the hint of a red brown color along with the black made it all dark and depressing but also made it pop greatly. "Hm. I believe my piece truly stands out among the sea of art here."

"I do kinda agree. This does pop out quite a bit but there are other paintings that do the same. However, I can definitely tell you poured your heart and soul into this, Yusuke." You finally spoke up. He was pleased by this answer.

"Thank you. But... It appears that no one else has come to see it. Perhaps they are so afraid of the truth held within that they dare not take a closer look."

"I'm sure someone will look at it." You assured. And just like that, two people came over to it.

"What's this supposed to be?" Asked the woman glancing at the painting. "There's a dark, almost sinister aura emanating from it." She added.