Chapter 15

You haven't heard from Akira in a little bit now but he would send mini updates here and there. You were admittedly anxious to get this done so Akira wouldn't be expelled or thrown in jail for that matter. But because he's been silent for about an hour, you decided to wait as patiently as you could. That was until you received a text from the glasses wearing boy.

Akira: Head to Kaneshiro's palace, we're going there with Niijima.

On it.

And with that you waited a bit before hitting the Meta-Nav and saw the group in the distance. Everyone suited up besides Makoto and she jumped a little when she saw Yusuke. "A canine?!" She exclaimed. You approached from behind her and she flinched and yelped a little in shock but you quickly moved your gloved hand over her mouth and place an index finger over your lips as if to shush her. You removed your hand once she relaxed a little.

"It's Fox." Fox plainly informed.

"We gotta keep quiet. The shadows are going to notice us." Morgana whispered. Makoto flinched at Morgana's words and before she could speak you covered her mouth again and gave her an irritated look.

"That's Morgana. The cat in Akira's bag. This is what happens when we come here." Panther informed. You removed your hand after Ann explained. Feeling her relax under your hand.

"That voice... Takamaki?" She questioned. Her tone lower now thankfully. "Where are we?"

"We're inside Kaneshiro's... Well the "world" inside his heart." Panther replied.

"Huh?"

"It's another reality in which Keneshiros distorted desires have materialized." Fox explained further.

"Another reality?" Makoto turned to look at you and looked confused. "Wait... I thought it was only you guys as the Phantom Thieves. Is she with you?" She asked, turning her gaze to the others. You frantically shook your head and Joker deadpanned at your frantic movements.

"Sees more so an ally. She's not directly involved with the Phantom Thieves." He explained. You let out a sigh and gave a thumbs up.

"If she's an ally, then why haven't you just added her to the team?" Makoto asked. You slumped your shoulders at this and looked to Joker as if pleading for help.

"I... Guess she doesn't want to be involved. Especially since her experience with using persona is higher then all of us. So she just feels as though it isn't fully fair." He looked at you as if asking if that was the right thing to say and you gave a shrug while nodding.

"I see-" Makoto cut herself off as she looked at you but then her attention moved to the giant floating bank roomba. "It's floating in the air?! Th-this is reality?! My goodness..." She fell speechless for a moment. "I'm sorry it's just... But since this reality exsist I can't doubt it. A reality that one's heart shows... Is it like the application of optical illusions in social cognitive psychology?"

"That's something we have no idea about..." Panther muttered.

"We should probably explain everything to her." Joker suggested. So you all moved off to the side to speak and kept high alert of any shadows. Everyone but yourself took some time to explain. She would nod and take in the information. It was honestly killing you not to speak but with Makoto here... It wasn't a good idea to get yourself involved in the threat of expulsion.