Chapter 12

Joker looked around but was also on high alert in Mementos. You saw him in the bit of distance you two had and approached him. His eyes finally landed on you but it didn't seem so friendly. Or at least it seemed hesitant and unsure on if he should trust you. "So you're the one who contacted me?" He asked. His tone a little demanding and harsh. You let out a sad sigh at the tone but nodded. But you took a glance around mementos for any possible signs of that man you saw last time. Joker seemed to have noticed this and was about to ask what was wrong but you grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hidden cramped corner away from the shadows and any other possible threat. "The hell are you doing?" He asked. You pushed him up against the wall and placed a hand over his mouth and a finger over your own as if to shush him. You removed your hand slowly and allowed him to speak. "What do you want?" He asked quietly. You were now just realizing how close the two of you were standing from each other in this cramped spot. You parted your lips to speak but then decided against it. You pulled off your hood and he seemed to be getting the message. "You're... Revealing yourself to me?" He asked. You took a shaky breath and finally decided to speak.

"Only a little." You said. He seemed a little shocked at your voice but couldn't seem to fully place where it sounded so familiar. "But that's not my main intention of meeting you here. I told you to come here to give you a warning." You finally admitted. His brows furrowed under his mask.

"Warn me about what?" He asked. You glanced out at the opening of this area before turning back to him.

"I came here a while ago and got attacked by a man in all black. He seemed to be a persona user just like us. But he didn't have good intent behind him."

"Do you have any idea who I could be?" You shook your head.

"No. No I don't. But he's dangerous."

"Now... What about your identity? Didn't you say you were going to reveal who you are?" Your heart sank at the reminder and you nodded glancing down.

"I- sorry if you may think of me differently after this." You muttered as you reached for your mask. Though before you could take it off, you felt two gloved fingers on your chin. An index finger under the chin and a thumb rested on it. He lifted your face gently. Causing your cheeks to flush slightly.

"If you're someone I know or someone I'm close to... I highly doubt it." He spoke softly. His voice slightly husked. Making your cheeks a bit more pink. He removed his hand from your chin and you gulped.

"H-here goes nothing I guess..." You stuttered your body slightly trembling. Your hand raised to your mask again. Your body shaking a bit more. You gripped it lightly and took it off but swiftly stuffed your face in his chest causing him to jump a little at the sudden contact. "S-sorry! I'm just... Really nervous..." You muttered into his chest. You were also surprised by just how comfortable the fabric was comfortable under your flushed cheeks. You supposed he could feel your body tremble a little against his because she wrapped and arm around you and rubbed your back softly.

"There's no need." He spoke softly. His other hand gently raised your head to look at him and your cheeks flushed a little bit more at the close proximity. His eyes widened once he saw your face entirely. "Y/n?" He breathed out. Your eyes glanced away and you nodded. He was speechless and you were going to move away from him and tell him to just never contact you again but he ended up wrapping both of his arms around you and holding you tight. Your eyes widened at the sudden gesture but you wrapped your arms around his neck and closed your eyes as his face borrowed into your shoulder. "You... You risked your life to help us during the Madarame case... You even nearly died having to deal with that guy you warned me about." He uttered out in disbelief.

"I... I know. I'm sorry..." You replied. Holding him a little tighter. He pulled away a bit but kept his hands on your hips and yours slid from his shoulders and stopped at his chest. Your bodies still close together. His expression just showed how many emotions was going through him. You could see a mix of shock and absolute worry and a hint of pride and fondness.