Chapter 14

Rumors spread around the school about blackmailing and how unfair it is. Unfortunately, no names have been thrown that you've heard just yet. Right now though, all you needed was to wait for Ann to talk to Iida and make sure things went smoothly. Which went South at first but then picked up. A name was dropped from the boy and you and Akira gave each other a lot before nodding and heading out to find that person. However, Akira was stopped by Mishima. You whispered to Akira. "I'll go find them." You said and continued off. You found someone from the news paper club and asked them about the Mafia. They gave you information regarding blackmailing, drugs and prostitution. But you then asked for the person you're looking for and they told you that they stay in the library. You thanked them and headed off but saw Makoto off in the distance looking a little solemn. You let out a sigh and approached her. "Everything okay, Niijima?" She seemed to jump a little at your voice but turned to you and replied.

"It's nothing. I was just looking at the bulletin. Anyway, how are you doing? I haven't heard much from you at all." She asked you.

"I've been doing okay. Anyway, I gotta get going. See you around Niijima." You dismissed. Not wanting to get roped up in a conversation where you'd get no new information. You made way to the library and scanned around once you entered. You found a lone figure in the back and approached him with a small smirk. He turned once you said his name.

"Oh. L/n. You need something?" He asked. Seeming to be a little shy that a girl had approached him. You decided to take that to advantage and put on a flirty tone.

"So I heard you have this amazing part-time job that pays well. And little ol' me is having a hard time keeping up with the bills since I live alone." You paused and got closer to him. You placed a hand on his chest and leaned in a little close to him. His cheeks bright red.

"A-are you talking about that one time? I-i don't know. I said I didn't want to do it. Th-thats something Iida- Wait..." He paused and seemed to look at you suspiciously. Causing you to lean a bit a way from him, but still put on an innocent and flirty act. "Are you doing something to him?! He's been acting strange lately..." You blinked in confusion.

"Doing something to him? I just want to help him out." You replied. Pretending to play along even though you had no clue what he was talking about.

"W-what do you mean? Is he really wrapped up in something shady?" He asked you.

"We'll... I'm not entirely sure. You gotta tell me what you know so I can fully help out." He fell silent but spoke anyway.

"...One day the two of us went to Shibuya, and a man approached us over near Central Street." You made sure to keep a mental note of what he was saying. "He asked if we were interested in an easy part-time job. I said I wasn't but Iida was into it... He was asking the guy all sorts of questions."

"What was the job?" You questioned.

"U-um, I don't know... I was so scared I ended up going home alone. But according to Iida, it okay takes ten minutes and it's good for people who don't stand out."

"Interesting... What happened after that?"

"Iida started spending a lot of money. That's when his strange behavior started too. But that's all I know. That's enough, right?"

"That was plenty. Thanks." You said and left him be before he could say anything else. You took your phone and immediately texted Akira.

I got something.

Akira: Good. I'm heading to Ann now

K meet you there.