Chapter 12

Lapis P.O.V.

I pounded on the side of the bubble. I turned to Steven as tears flowed down my face.

"S-Steven please let me go get her gem." I begged

He sighed and quickly released the bubble. I summoned my wings and searched for her gem. I put out the fire next to her gem with my wings and grabbed Peri's gem.

"Lapis we have to go! This place is collapsing!" Steven yelled from across the bridge

I gripped onto her gem and quickly flew across the collapsing bridge. We ran out into the canyons of the kindergarden. We eventually got to the warp pad and warped back to the temple. I sat down on the couch and stared at Peridot's gem.

"Lapis can I bubble Peridot's gem?" Steven asked as he sat down next to me

"Never." I hissed as I hugged her gem

"Peridot's not the same anymore she's different, she's corrupted."

"Steven, if you even try to bubble her, I won't hesitate to drown you."

Steven looked at me shocked. I ignored him and looked up to see a Ruby and a Sapphire. They fused and walked towards me. I gave Garnet a death glare as she looked at me.

"It'll be fine." Garnet said smiling

"No one is bubbling my Peri." I said angrily

"And we won't need to." Garnet said

I looked at Peri's gem and it began to glow. We all watched as Peridot's gem glowed. The light formed the shape of Peri, then it changed into a smaller shape. She stopped glowing and fell to the floor. I stood up and rushed to Peridot.

"Aww Peridot's a cat!" Steven exclaimed

I looked down at Peridot's new form. I picked her up and inspected her. Her fur was mainly light green, except for some light yellow splotches on her body.

"Mew!" She said as she purred

"Awww she's too cute to bubble!" Steven said I put her down

"Yeah..." I said as I pet her