Chapter 14: New year, new life

Start from the beginning

???: I think he will be a total asshole

She said giggling a bit as she had drawn a sly smile on her face now.

·····

Nikolay: ... I need to fucking shave a bit don't I?...

He said caressing his chin and looking onto a hand mirror, the rough tact of his beard hypnotizing him a bit.

Nikolay: Well I can do that when we get back to Lyuda's state... Hopefully, Ivan won't be late, I don't want to drive with R1s beside me again...

He muttered shivering at the thought of having to ignore that stare of hers.

Nikolay: I wonder if she drove some of her old captains into madness with that... *sigh* Well that's not the only thing concerning me today...

He thought while leaving the mirror on the table and picking up his phone, with a quick motion opening it and directly clicking on his latest mail, which was the following.

"Your late Christmas/New year gift should arrive by midday

-Persica"

Nikolay: I'm really worried about what did she do to them... *sigh* Maybe I'm being paranoic again, Lyuda is probably right I'm just too stressed and overthink things...

He mumbled and got up pocketing his phone and looking around the tent before approaching a drawer near another small table and looking at the plans he made, a small smile on his face remembering some words of his father.

Nikolay: Tch... Fucker is in debt now...

He muttered chuckling and shrugging everything off as he heard a helicopter in the distance.

Nikolay: Oh god... Here they are...

He thought and exited the tent not before putting on his mask and adjusting it to his face, the sun reflecting on the dark grey dented ballistic mask.

Nikolay: Hopefully it snows again... Would light the mood for the new year party

He mumbled passing by the construction site and looking up at the evergrowing black spot in the sky, slowly descending in the nearest empty plain there was. Nikolay just adjusted his trenchcoat a bit and started walking towards the landing aircraft.

Soon enough as the helicopter started to land Nikolay stood around 5 meters away from the aircraft waiting for the powerful winds it produced to calm down a bit. In a matter of a minute, the helicopter tiers finally hit the ground, the grass calmly stopping to wiggle around as the rotors of the vehicle stopped spinning. The sliding doors opening in a quick motion let 4 dolls of short brown hair exit the aircraft their M16 rifles slung to their shoulders as their ribbons shined with the sun.

Nikolay: Oh Vietnam classics...

He thought with a smile under the mask looking at how the girls looked around and then stared at him probably analyzing if he is their commander.

???: Are you Nikolay?

Said the one with a blue ribbon, her black coffee eyes analyzing from top to bottom at the male standing in front of them.

Nikolay: Yes, I'm the commander here, even if don't look like one

He said in a calm warm tone to them laughing a bit. And then himself analyzing the dolls one by one.

Nikolay: I suppose you 4 are my new team?

???: Yes sir

Said the blue ribboned doll and saluting to him.