25

I groaned and sat up. I rubbed my head. What happened?

"Good, you're awake." Artemis said. "Now I don't have to drag you the rest of the way. You are a lot heavier than you look."

"Atlantean muscle tissue is denser," I said, standing up. "Do you remember what happened?"

"I remember the water trying to pull Percy into-"

Our eyes widened. "Percy!" We rushed up the beach and into the Cave, prepared to gather the Team for an impromptu rescue mission. That thought vanished when we saw Percy rolling out cookie dough. Wally was trying to steal some, which only resulted in Percy batting him with a spatula. Which was much better than the rolling pin she had to put down.

"Hey, there you guys are. Where have been?" Megan flew over and took Artemis's hands.

"On the beach," Artemis said. "I think. That's where I woke up, all I remember before that is the water was trying to pull Percy in and then Wonder Woman showed up. Everything after that is blank."

"I doubt Percy will be able to assist us." I sighed. She glanced at me, before going back to cutting out cookies. "When did she come in?"

"Not too long after you two went out. Her dad was carrying her," Robin said.

"Why?"

There was a loud banging and all of us looked towards Percy. The pan was on the ground and she stared defeated at the rolling pin.

"Oh Percy," Megan's eyes glowed and Percy floated into the air, revealing the cast around her leg and allowing clear view of the sling her arm was in. "Here."

Percy rubbed at her eyes as Megan placed her on the couch. Connor walked over and moved the stool as Wally cleaned up the mess.

"Okay, what the hell happened? I've never seen Wally not complain about cleaning up." Artemis looked at the others.

"Wonder Woman said that Gabe guy found Percy. He's the one who did this to her." Wally answered, his face grim. "Her dad also mentioned something about Percy making it all of the way here with a broken leg."

I frowned. "We should call Black Canary. Percy will need a better cast than the one she currently has on. I can attempt healing magic, but that was not what I focused my studies on."

"Already did. She said she'd get Hawkwoman and maybe Zatara if she could find him."

I nodded and walked over to sit next to Percy. "Are you okay?" She didn't answer, instead leaning against me. "Percy?" My eyes widened and I looked at the others for help.

"She's been doing that a lot today. Even with me." Connor said.

Percy grabbed my wrist and held the back of my hand to her forehead. A frown painted my face. "She is warm. Perhaps she has a fever? Wally, can you go-" In an instant, Wally held the thermometer towards me. "Thank you."

Sure enough, Percy's temperature was high, over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit. I stood up and a small whine emerged from Percy. I stared at her for a moment before leaving to get medicine. When I returned, I saw Megan carefully hugging Percy, who had tucked herself against her chest.

"I cooled my body temperature for her." Megan explained as I walked over. I nodded, handed her the medicine, and got a cup of water from the kitchen. "Here Percy." Megan placed the pills in Percy's good hand. She stared at them for a second, resigned. Popping them in her mouth, she grabbed the water and drank.

Not too long after that, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, and Zatara showed up.

"Did Wonder Woman explain what happened?" Black Canary looked at us. Wally tilted his hand from side to side.

"Sorta. We know that Gabe guy did this to her, but that's about it."

Black Canary sighed. "Zatara, do you want to heal her?"

Zatara nodded and lifted a hand towards Percy. "Laeh reh nekorb senobs."

Magic crackled over Percy, small sparks dancing on her skin as if they didn't know what to do.

"That's odd." Hawkwoman said. "I have never seen that happen before. Except..." They looked at each other.

"Except what?" Robin leaned forward in his seat, hand poised to start up his computer if they did not tell us.

"My magic performed similarly when I attempted to heal Wonder Woman. She mentioned it to be a side-effect of being an Amazon." Zatara said.

"Percy can beat her in a fight, so she might be Amazonian." Black Canary crossed her arms.

The conversation between the League members grew hushed and then silent as Zatara called out a spell.

I looked at Percy, who still laid against Megan. She had closed her eyes and, by the looks of things, fallen asleep.

"We can talk about this later," Black Canary's voice swelled, as the spell surrounding them broke. "For now, we need to put Percy in a better cast and maybe a wheelchair. Megan, can you carry her to the med bay?"

"Sure." She lifted Percy into the air and floated her down the hall, I followed after her at a close enough distance I could dive and catch her if necessary. Despite all of the time she has spent here, I still do not know why she seems familiar to me.

Her name and her appearance both ring a bell in my mind, but the sura that seems to cloak her makes me sure that I should recognize her.

Perhaps I should ask my king.

Nine two two

Nine two two

Nine two two

I will never explain!

Anyway, if any of you have ideas put them here lovingly and tuck them in because they're good ideas.

I need to study for a quiz but I am also hungry.

See yah