10

"-don't think that-"

There was a loud crash and I shot into a sitting position. I scanned the room for threats my eyes eventually landing on Diana who held her sword in one hand and her shield in the other.

"I told you that would work." She grinned looking over at Green Arrow. Then she looked back at me, her lips settling into a frown. "Why'd you pass out?"

I shrugged and climbed out of bed, grabbing my hat off of the stand next to me.

"You have no idea why you passed out?"

I shook my head. I mean, I didn't really pass out. I just fell asleep.

"Percy, you were out for two days." Dinah said gently.

I rolled my eyes and put my hat on before walking past them and out of the room.

"Percy, get back in here!" I could hear Diana yell, but I could tell that she didn't quite mean it. So I kept walking.

"Percy, are you okay?" Megan asked as I walked into the living room. I gave a nod in response before going to the fridge.

I was asleep for, apparently, two days. No one is allowed to judge me for being hungry.

I pulled out a piece of pizza and tossed it in the microwave. Then I ate it. It meaning the leftovers, not the microwave. Somehow I don't think that fits into a balanced diet.

"Percy, are you going to acknowledge the fact that you passed out or are you just going to eat pizza?" Diana leaned against the wall.

I stared at her and took another bite of my food. She sighed. Guess that answered her question.

"Listen, I think I know why you passed out and I know you're worried. But you can't keep going until you drop. It's not healthy."

And fighting mythological monsters is?

"I just want to keep you safe. Your mom would never forgive me if you get hurt on my watch."

I don't need a babysitter.

"So for the gods' sake would you just talk to me?"

For the gods' sake would she stop trying to get me to talk?

I stood up and darted out of the kitchen, disappearing into the hallways of the Cave.

I eventually found myself in what looked like an exercise room.

I wrapped my hands and started punching one of the bags hanging from the ceiling. The thuds of my fists hitting the fabric carried throughout the room.

"There you are." Diana sighed as she entered the room. "Percy...you can't keep running away from this."

As made obvious by her refusing to leave me alone for more than two minutes. I swallowed and swung another punch at the bag.

Her hand caught my wrist.

"You need to process this Percy. You need to talk about it. If you keep going like this...you're going to get yourself killed."

My shoulders fell and I hung my head slightly. Somehow she knew exactly what that meant.

Diana gently rubbed my back. "You don't care do you? Whether you live or die?"

I shook my head. I know I'm going to die, why should I care when?

I was pulled into a warm hug and I wrapped my arms around Diana. She pressed a kiss to my head.

"Well, I care Percy. You're like my little sister, or if I'm being honest my kid. I know your mom is still alive but I still want to protect you. And I want to help you. So please, let me help you."

I pulled away from her and undid the wrapping around my hands. I rolled my shoulders and looked back up at Diana.

Why does she think that I need protecting? I've stayed alive for this long, though I guess I used to have help...

But still, staying alive has never been an issue before, except for, you know, the times it was.

I pulled Riptide out of my pocket and twirled it around my fingers.

"I know...you can take care of yourself. And I haven't been there to help you with a lot of stuff, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to protect you. I just need to make sure you're taking care of yourself until we can find a way to bring Gabe in."

I didn't react as she pulled me into a hug. Her fingers pulled through my hair and I stared over her shoulder.

I...

I gave a silent sigh and relaxed into the hug, resting my head against Diana's shoulder.

"I don't want you to get hurt." She mumbled, gently rubbing my back. "Not know, not ever....maybe I should take you to Themiscyra."

I pulled away to stare at her. A place full of people who worship Ares? Um, no thank you.

They would kill me before I even stepped foot on the island.

"I am not going to let him hurt you Percy. Never again."

I nodded, not releasing her. She laughed and lifted me up. "So now you decide to be all affectionate? You're a weird kid Percy."

I rolled my eyes and managed to get out of her grip. My feet beneath me, I slipped Riptude back into my pocket before walking into the hallway.

I wandered aimlessly, pausing outside the main training room.

"We don't know anything about Percy, other than the small amount Wonder Woman has told us. I want you to find out as much as you can on her." Batman stood in front of the kids.

"I doubt the internet will be the best choice. We don't know her last name." Robin said.

"But that Gabe guy on the news might have been her stepfather." Connor added.

"Or he might not have been. I do not know much of surface naming customs but it seems as though Gabe or Gabriel is quite the common name."

I ducked further into the hallway.

So they want to know more about me huh? Let's see how much fun I can have.

Okay this crap and there's no way you're going to change my mind

I had four matches this week and i have to read an entire book by Tuesday and have a four page essay done.

I mean my essay is done. But revisions and stuff.

And homecoming is tomorrow

Anything you guys want to see? Cause I had absolutely no idea where to go with this chapter

Anyway

See yah