12

Lafayette and Hercules ended up getting super drunk within and hour. They eventually left the two sober boys to go hook up.

John was sitting beside Alex in a chair, holding a marshmallow on a stick. "Those two are something else." He said, shaking his head.

Alex laughed a bit, just munching on some of the marshmallows without them warmed up. "Yeah. They just- they started dating immediately." He muttered, shrugging a bit.

"That's what I'm saying! They hardly know each other!" John said, laughing a bit. "If I date someone, I need to be friends first. I have to know I can handle a friendship and that they can handle Frances before I date them." He added.

Alexander nodded. "Yeah. I just have a bit of anxiety with relationships so if it is a serious one, I've got to know I can trust them."

John nodded. "I understand that completely. Trust is the foundation of a relationship, or so I believe it is. You've got to develop the trust for it to last," he muttered, putting his toasted marshmallow on a gram cracker with a piece of chocolate. He then put another cracker on top and took a bite.

Alex nodded a bit as John removed the sandwich from his lips. "Oh! You've got something on your lip." He told John with a smile.

"Oh my!" John said, trying to wipe it but failing. "Not there, more right." Alex said. "Here?" John questioned.

Alex laughed and shook his head. "No-here." He said, grabbing a napkin and sitting directly next to John, wiping his lip for him, a gentle smile on his face.

They just kind of stared at each other for a few seconds and while Alex was staring in John's big green eyes, he felt a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time. At that moment of just staring at John, Alex new he was going to fall in love with him, even if he didn't want to yet, he knew it was coming. Those seconds of staring felt like forever, lasting until John looked away and coughed. "I-uhm- thank you." He said, looking at his hands.

Alexander nodded a bit, still having the star struck feeling. "Oh, uh, yeah, no problem..." he said, looking away too.

"I, well, it's getting a bit late..." John said, looking at his phone. It was almost midnight. "Maybe we should go get ready for bed." He said.

Alex nodded. "You go get a shower. I'll let the fire die down." John said. Alexander nodded again and stood up, taking the s'more ingredients with him. He went inside and shut the door, leaning on it.

"What the hell, Laurens..." he mumbled before putting the things up.

Alex was at a conflict. He wasn't sure whether to cut John out due to fear or just keep John in his life and try not to let the feelings overwhelm him.

He thought back what Hercules told him earlier that night. He knew he didn't need to let go. He knew he needed to keep John in his life because John was good and different. John wasn't like the perfect rich people who were in Alex's crowd.

Alex thought that was part of the reason these feelings for John were developing. Just because John was different and good.

Plus, his daughter was adorable and loved him.

Alex sighed and went to the bedroom, grabbing his clothes he was sleeping in as well as his toiletries. He went and started a shower, sitting on the shower floor as the water hit him. He would've fallen asleep too if it weren't for the moans coming from the second bedroom. Alex didn't mind the sound, just glad his best friend was happy.

John came in after the fire died down. He went to the bedroom, laying down on the bed and popping his back. He took his phone out, watching a random YouTube video.

Suddenly, his phone shut off. John tried to turn it back on and when it wasn't, he figured it was dead so he grabbed his charger from his back and plugged it up to his phone. When he tried to turn it on, the screen had green lines all over it.

"No, no, no..." John muttered, taking it off the charger but it kept showing the lines. He groaned and laid back, running his hands in his hair.

Alexander walked through the door after that, some clothes in his hands. He didn't have a shirt on, just some pajama pants.

John took a second to look, admiring his chest. Since Alexander was sporty, he had a nice chest. "I-Uhm- can I borrow your phone? Mine stopped working." He explained.

Alexander nodded. "Sure thing, puller of my heart strings," he said, putting his clothes in his bag and handing John his phone, which was much newer than John's. "Thank you. And that was probably the worst one yet." John said, attempting to unlock his phone. "Password?" He asked, since the face lock wouldn't work on him.

"Oh, 7381." Alex replied. John nodded and unlocked the phone, going to messages and sending a text to George, since he woke up earlier than Martha on weekends.

"Why that password?" John questioned, telling George his phone broke so he could either call Alex or Lafayette if something was needed.

"Oh, it's my moms birthday." Alexander said. John nodded, sending the text and handing the phone back to Alexander.

"That's sweet. Mine is Frances's birthday." He said, even if Alex didn't ask.

Alex smiled a bit. "You're such a great dad. You make it obvious to love her." He hummed happily.

John nodded. "How can anyone not love her? She's the most precious person in the world. I'd die for her." He hummed, standing up and grabbing his clothes from his bag.

Alexander nodded. "She is adorable." He replied, laying on the bed.

John nodded. "Now I could spend hours talking about my little sweat pea, but I've got to go shower." He said, walking out.

Alexander watched, a content smile on his face.