John sat on his bed in his one room apartment, watching his little girl play on the mat. He loved her with his entire heart and nothing she could do would change that.

He didn't have much money, working two minimum wage jobs while still being in high school, but he still provided his daughter with everything she needed. Of course there were nights where John would go hungry so Frances could eat and of course there were times where John had to ask friends for small loans but he still pushed through.

Frances came from Johns on old friend Martha. The two lost their virginities to one another because they both knew they were gay but were trying to hide it. Neither of their parents were supportive so they tried to be straight and it ended with Martha dying in childbirth and John being kicked out of his home.

John remembered the day he told his parents clearly. It wasn't something he would ever forget. His dad yelled at him for an hour straight and his mom sat there with her head down, not saying a thing. She didn't say anything when his dad slapped him and she didn't stop him when he kicked John out. At first it made John angry, but then he understood why she did it. He understood she was afraid to say anything so he wasn't that mad at her.

George Washington was one of John's teachers. He had been there for John through it all. He always gave John extra money when he needed it and always said he didn't have to pay him back, but when income tax came, John always did. His wife babysat Frances while John was working or at school. He always was appreciative of them both.

Washington offered to move John in with him but John refused that one. Even if it was a struggle, he wanted to try and do the most he could on his own and Washington respected that.

Frances yawned in her spot and rubbed her eyes. "Are you tired, baby?" John asked, going over to her and picking her up. It was Sunday and John had worked this morning. His other job wasn't open on Sunday's.

Frances nodded and made hands saying she wanted to be picked up. John obliged, picking up the small child and holding her on his hip. He kissed her head. "Do you wanna lay down with papa?" He asked, rubbing her pick as she laid her head on his shoulder.

Frances nodded. John moved over to the bed and laid down, laying the child on his chest. She had already been dressed and ready for bed about thirty minutes before so she could just go to bed now.

"Love papa..." Frances mumbled quietly. "Love you too, sweet girl..." John whispered, still rubbing her back until she fell asleep. Once she was asleep, John moved her to her crib, which was against the opposite wall in the room. He then took and shower and got into bed, turning his hotspot on and connect his laptop to it, since he couldn't afford WiFi. He began finishing the essay he had to give to Washington in the morning for history.

He fell asleep while typing.

The next day, John was walking around school. He didn't really talk to anyone except Lafayette. Lafayette was by far his best friend. The two became friends in fifth grade and stuck by each other's sides through everything. Lafayette would come over and play with Frances some days and would even babysit her on the weekends sometimes to give Martha a break. Frances loved him and it made John happy.

He wasn't at school that day, however, because he had to go get his braces removed. He had had them since eighth grade. It was about time they be removed, as it was the beginning of their senior year.

John was walking in the halls, heading to his locker. He left school at noon to go to work so he only had two more classes. As he was making his way to his locker, a boy stopped him. "Hi, would you mind voting me for senior class president?" The boy asked, giving a politician smile.

"Who are you?" John asked, looking confused. He was sure he had seen him before but he couldn't remember.

"You don't know who I am? I'm Alexander Hamilton?" Alex said, looking confused. Everyone knew who he was.

John shrugged. "I still don't know who you are." He muttered before walking off.

Alexander followed John quickly. "What do you mean you don't know who I am? Everyone knows me!" He said.

John rolled his eyes. "Clearly not everyone because I don't." He mumbled, going to his locker and putting in the combination lock.

"But how!? I'm caption of the lacrosse team, I'm top of the class, I'm hot! How do you not know me?" Alexander asked, obviously taking this to heart.

John sighed. "Don't take this to heart. I don't know many people." He said, taking his history book out.

"Are you a freshman?" Alex asked. John gave him a look like 'what the fuck' and shook his head. "No, I'm a senior."

"We are in the same class and you don't know me. Fine, but you will. Come to this party with me Friday night." Alexander said.

John scoffed. "I don't go to parties. I'm too busy." He said, muttering the last part.

"Come on, babe. You won't regret it!" Alexander said, smirking a bit.

John glared at Alexander. "Don't call me babe. And I'm not going to your party." He said, closing his locker door.

"Aww, well at least try and be friends with me." Alexander said as John began to walk away, Alexander quickly followed.

John rolled his eyes. "Umm... how about no." He said, continuing his walk to Washington's class.

"But why??" Alexander asked, getting frustrated by John not wanting to be his friend.

"Don't you have a class to get to?" John asked, walking into Washington's class and smiling to him before going to the back and sitting in the corner. Alexander followed and sat beside John.

Alexander smirked. "Turns out we have the same class." He laughed. John looked confused and then had a moment of realization. "Oh you're that super smart kid who answers all the questions!" John said.

Alexander nodded. "Yep, that's me." He smiled and sat back, taking his journal out of his backpack. He didn't keep much of his stuff in his locker. "So can we be friends?" Alexander asked.

John rolled his eyes. "Whatever..." he muttered.